The Politics Thread 2020

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

No secret I didn't want us to leave the EU but really...

Monsieur Barnier, can I politely suggest you duck right off and busy yourself with the rather more pressing matters at hand than a single state's EU exit plan? ?

Brexit: Disappointing progress in trade talks, says Michel Barnier

The progress made in post-Brexit trade talks between the UK and EU has been disappointing, Michel Barnier has said.

The EU's chief negotiator said "genuine progress" and a decision on whether to extend the transition period were both needed by June.

The UK said "limited progress" had been made and talks needed to "move forward in a constructive fashion".

The two sides will hold two further rounds of talks before the end of the transition period in December.

Mr Barnier said a joint decision would be taken on 30 June about whether to extend the transition period.

Full article here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52414155

I read that article and reached the conclusion that both sides have yet to conclude the all important willy-waving phase of the negotiations. 

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Interesting story on bleachgate. Still can't believe all you bleeding heart libdems fell for Trumps sarcasm though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus

Interesting...I wonder if   Mr Grennon and Trump would volunteer to be the first 2 used for human trials. It might even clean/cure what goes on in Trump's brain...now that would be a miracle cure!

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not saying it was a good thing to say. I'm just saying the reporting of it is way over the top and twisting his words.

We know something that kills the virus, let's see if there is something we can do with it.

Is it really that silly a thing to say or is it just because who said it?

Well if you don’t think it was a silly thing to say live on TV in front of millions of viewers regardless of who said it, I’m lost for words.

41 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Re. Bleachgate, how many health professionals must be thinking, i cant be believe that i am having to advise against using bleach/disinfectant because the so called most powerful man on earth thought it might be a good idea!

Exactly. Which is why it was such a stupid, dangerous and reckless thing to have said regardless of whether he meant it, was being sarcastic or just posing it to a question to his medical/scientific advisors but, I’m afraid @G STAR RAM won’t have.

48 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Re. Bleachgate, how many health professionals must be thinking, i cant be believe that i am having to advise against using bleach/disinfectant because the so called most powerful man on earth thought it might be a good idea!

After Wolf Blitzer called him "Chicken" last night, I suppose that Trump should be referred to as a "Lame cluck president*"

* Not strictly true of course, because the term usually refers to someone in their final year of their second term as president.

I suppose Trump's response to Bleachgate, and the fact that some people are accepting his explanation, means that in future, anyone can make the most ridiculous, outrageous, nonsensical statement and in their defence, when the rest of the world are laughing in their face, they can say "I was being sarcastic".

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Exactly. Which is why it was such a stupid, dangerous and reckless thing to have said regardless of whether he meant it, was being sarcastic or just posing it to a question to his medical/scientific advisors but, I’m afraid @G STAR RAM won’t have.

And there will lots of Americans saying the same as G Star Ram, which is how come Trump was elected in the first place!

34 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No, it appears the consensus is that it was everything that you say, so I am happy to accept that.

I obviously just see things differently and assume everyone is not stupid enough to see that not everything a politician says is a direct order.

17 hours ago, TramRam said:

Here is the sort of thing I am on about.

Taking a bell out into the middle of the street and having someone film you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1253605967985627136?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

12 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Amazing and if you look closely the Bell is ringing a bell.

Just dont understand why he cant just stand on his doorstep and clap like normal people.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I read that article and reached the conclusion that both sides have yet to conclude the all important willy-waving phase of the negotiations. 

I wonder how the other negotiations are going on. We never seem to hear anything about how successful Boris has been in his efforts to go crawling to that nice Mr Trump to secure a beautiful trade deal that will rescue Britain from the evil clutches of the EU at the end of the year.

13 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I wonder how the other negotiations are going on. We never seem to hear anything about how successful Boris has been in his efforts to go crawling to that nice Mr Trump to secure a beautiful trade deal that will rescue Britain from the evil clutches of the EU at the end of the year.

Because we are too busy hearing how Boris didnt go crawling to the EU to ask for PPE that they still haven't been able to deliver.

18 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

It’s looking good. Plentiful supplies of ventilators, oil, Hydroxychloroquine and bleach have been set aside for us come 1/1/2020.  And no need to worry about chicken either.

13 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Interesting story on bleachgate. Still can't believe all you bleeding heart libdems fell for Trumps sarcasm though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus

In his letter, Mark Grenon told Trump that chlorine dioxide – a powerful bleach used in industrial processes such as textile manufacturing that can have fatal side-effects when drunk – is “a wonderful detox that can kill 99% of the pathogens in the body”. He added that it “can rid the body of Covid-19”.

I think the above is right, It will kill Covid-19, Along with everything else in your body imo ? as i'm not an expert,

Archived