The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

45 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

First of all, I have no idea what an 'edgelord' might be.

As to the rest,  I don't believe in surrender to the IRA, I do believe that leaving the E.U. is a good idea and I also believe that Boris is a far better option than Commisar Corbyn.

Problem?

Duck it, not biting. You want to hear our fans chanting about the IRA at the footy, good for you old boy. Whatever floats your boat.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Duck it, not biting. You want to hear our fans chanting about the IRA at the footy, good for you old boy. Whatever floats your boat.

Were they chanting it at the footy, or were a few chanting it at a pub or train station?

14 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

US media claiming that the Ukrainian airlines plane was shot down mistakenly by Iran. 

Well that goes a long way to explain why the Iranians were keen to draw a line after the slightly rubbish missile strike agains the US base. If true, of course.

1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Well that goes a long way to explain why the Iranians were keen to draw a line after the slightly rubbish missile strike agains the US base. If true, of course.

The missile strike hit it's intended targets, storage facilities and Hanger 2.  The Americans were notified before the strike, so as to get their people out of the way.

143 of the passengers held Iranian passports, with many holding dual citizenry.  There was no incentive for Iran to murder it's own people.  If the plane was shot down, it was done by those who had something to gain from the act.

0001-64r.jpg

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

Were they chanting it at the footy, or were a few chanting it at a pub or train station?

I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed that no-one was singing it....but some were singing a brexit chant at a pub or tube station

10 minutes ago, ramit said:

The missile strike hit it's intended targets, storage facilities and Hanger 2.  The Americans were notified before the strike, so as to get their people out of the way.

143 of the passengers held Iranian passports, with many holding dual citizenry.  There was no incentive for Iran to murder it's own people.  If the plane was shot down, it was done by those who had something to gain from the act.

0001-64r.jpg

… or somebody cack handed

23 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed that no-one was singing it....but some were singing a brexit chant at a pub or tube station

Dunno if you could say confirmed. Contradicted, yes. Some people say they heard it at the ground, others said they heard nothing. Not hearing it isn't the same as it not happening.

I wasn't there so I can't say if it happened or not.

2 minutes ago, ramit said:

Like i explained in an earlier post, that is highly unlikely.

Ever kicked a ball, and rather than it going to its intended target it sails majestically through a neighbour's green house?

Same principle I'm afraid. But with SAMs the outcome doesn't result in your pocket money being stopped.

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

If you look at my post and his response all will be clear. I said I hope they weren't, he said he hoped they were. Start, middle, end.

31 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

You've already said you've no problem with it so what do you care?

3 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Ever kicked a ball, and rather than it going to its intended target it sails majestically through a neighbour's green house?

Same principle I'm afraid. But with SAMs the outcome doesn't result in your pocket money being stopped.

Hopefully the facts will come out in the investigation.  Iran has offered cooperation with the concerned countries to investigate the incident, even the Americans.

At this early point, to me the only way it was accidentally shot down by Iran AA is that the system was in some way fooled, by a nearby drone or by another method.  The missile attack had been over for a few hours when the plane took off BTW.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Dunno if you could say confirmed. Contradicted, yes. Some people say they heard it at the ground, others said they heard nothing. Not hearing it isn't the same as it not happening.

I wasn't there so I can't say if it happened or not.

Fair 1  mate, I’ll say contradicted, I’ve just read back on all the posts I couldn’t see anyone say they heard the IRA chant, a poster says he heard the brexit chant at Norwood tube station, the only person saying he heard the IRA one in the ground was the Fulham fan on twatter.......I wasn’t there pal, so I don’t know......but I just can’t imagine Derby fans doing the IRA chant it’s “pointless” I did say (rant) earlier I find the brexit chant being done in London funny, I still do that’s just “bant”

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

If you look at my post and his response all will be clear. I said I hope they weren't, he said he hoped they were. Start, middle, end.

You've already said you've no problem with it so what do you care?

No mate I said I would prefer them singing No surrender to the IRA than we support the IRA ???

44 minutes ago, ramit said:

0001-64r.jpg

No, I meant that if the plane was shot down by mistake, then that would be a big incentive for the Iranians to try and de-escalate the situation - as they did.

The fact that they gave the US warning of the attack shows that they didn't really want an escalation themselves, but it would be enough to appease their own people. Shooting down a plane (accidental or otherwise) risked massively ramping up the tension and at least the West at the moment seem to accept that it was probably accidental.

Of course we'll probably never know the full truth of the matter.

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How about they sing neither, which what I've said a gazillion times already. Just a thought.

I agree totally and not once did I condone it my old pal.......all I said tho was that I prefer 1 over the other as I’m pretty sure many people would prefer the opposite of my choice.....but your right none should be used

How about 'No/I support the protracted and detailed political negotiations involving both governments and the broad spectrum of political opinion in Northern Ireland including the IRA's political wing, involving compromises on both sides that has resulted in a lasting peace to that troubled region'. 

I'm just working on the tune for that one....

44 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How about they sing neither, which what I've said a gazillion times already. Just a thought.

When I've ever heard that song being sung, I always think of it as the '40' song ..

The singers usually have a minimum waist size of 40, and a maximum IQ of 40.

6 minutes ago, Highgate said:

How about 'No/I support the protracted and detailed political negotiations involving both governments and the broad spectrum of political opinion in Northern Ireland including the IRA's political wing, involving compromises on both sides that has resulted in a lasting peace to that troubled region'. 

I'm just working on the tune for that one....

Not too catchy …. it's a shame John Lennon is brown bread he might have helped you ?

Anyone heard from storming @Norman recently?  I see there was a major issue at HMP Whitemoor yesterday. Pretty sure he is a prison officer somewhere over that way. Hopefully I am just worrying unnecessarily but I hope it won’t be too long before he is on here again chatting mince. Talk to us Norm!

Archived