The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm a Middle East sympathiser but if you accidentally shoot a plane down then you're scarily incompetent or lying. I think I'd rather admit to lying than accidentally shooting planes out the sky that have taken off from my airport moments ago. 

I mean I think a lot of people were quite sympathetic towards Iran after that insane egotistical control freak blew up a bad guy that fought against Saddam Hussein, Al Qaeda and ISIS. It was nothing short of a declaration of war. 

It's not hard to be the good guys against the the ginger Hitler but they have managed to make themselves look like the wild barbarians again. 

And they want to say they did that by accident? Who thought that lie up? Better to say the plane was believed to be carrying some USA VIP!! 

Trump will be calling Tehran the capital of Israel next week

On 07/01/2020 at 16:08, SchtivePesley said:

Come on comrade - us Lambrini Lefties need to stick together

One is cheap tasteless full of gas and too much of it makes you feel sick...……...the other is a refreshing sparkling perry drink.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

i love that it took 5 days for this joke to ferment

Perhaps give us the heads up first. Something like ‘this is a joke’.. Otherwise normal folk won’t see it, as yours are never funny. Just sayin as jokes are meant to be funny anorl.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Pearing your apple? 

I once helped a guy i worked with years ago to make a cider press when we worked on night shifts together, then got the cherry picker at the weekend picked loads of  pears from our worksite he made the perry and gave me loads to drink.

I would love for those to come back but they are sadly gone forever 

Keir Starmer currently big odds-on favourite for the next Labour leader. I must admit, I saw an interview with him over the weekend and he comes across as surprisingly sensible, now he's able to present his own ideas.

Surprised at his odds, though. Are the membership really likely to vote for him (a relative centrist) rather than RLB?

41 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Keir Starmer currently big odds-on favourite for the next Labour leader. I must admit, I saw an interview with him over the weekend and he comes across as surprisingly sensible, now he's able to present his own ideas.

Surprised at his odds, though. Are the membership really likely to vote for him (a relative centrist) rather than RLB?

Christ on a bike – it’s carnage on Labour twitter. I’m unfollowing people at a rate of knots and feel like I’m escaping a cult!

It’s no secret that I supported Corbyn, but it’s like people have learned nothing from the last 4 years.

Good policies count for nothing if you can’t articulate the message in a balanced way, and the mainstream media will destroy you if you try and appear radical.

Starmer is the only obvious choice. Much as I’d like to see a female leader, I just think none of them have the charisma to pull it off.

Meanwhile Labour twitter is going mad about Starmer not being radical enough and questioning every element of his left wing credentials.

God this is depressing

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Christ on a bike – it’s carnage on Labour twitter. I’m unfollowing people at a rate of knots and feel like I’m escaping a cult!

It’s no secret that I supported Corbyn, but it’s like people have learned nothing from the last 4 years.

Good policies count for nothing if you can’t articulate the message in a balanced way, and the mainstream media will destroy you if you try and appear radical.

Starmer is the only obvious choice. Much as I’d like to see a female leader, I just think none of them have the charisma to pull it off.

Meanwhile Labour twitter is going mad about Starmer not being radical enough and questioning every element of his left wing credentials.

God this is depressing

Get off Twitter. It's an echo chamber for Dunning-Kruger sufferers who think people care about their morale fibre and how amazing they are and how stupid everyone else is. 

Get back in the real world. The one where Labour has been like this for many years. 

Archived