The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

17 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Christ on a bike – it’s carnage on Labour twitter. I’m unfollowing people at a rate of knots and feel like I’m escaping a cult!

It’s no secret that I supported Corbyn, but it’s like people have learned nothing from the last 4 years.

Good policies count for nothing if you can’t articulate the message in a balanced way, and the mainstream media will destroy you if you try and appear radical.

Starmer is the only obvious choice. Much as I’d like to see a female leader, I just think none of them have the charisma to pull it off.

Meanwhile Labour twitter is going mad about Starmer not being radical enough and questioning every element of his left wing credentials.

God this is depressing

Not for us Tories. ?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Christ on a bike – it’s carnage on Labour twitter. I’m unfollowing people at a rate of knots and feel like I’m escaping a cult!

It’s no secret that I supported Corbyn, but it’s like people have learned nothing from the last 4 years.

Good policies count for nothing if you can’t articulate the message in a balanced way, and the mainstream media will destroy you if you try and appear radical.

Starmer is the only obvious choice. Much as I’d like to see a female leader, I just think none of them have the charisma to pull it off.

Meanwhile Labour twitter is going mad about Starmer not being radical enough and questioning every element of his left wing credentials.

God this is depressing

I would imagine that's how most of the non-Boris supporting Tories felt as well.

How many elections does a far (or at least further) left Labour party have to lose before they realise that they need someone moderate in charge instead of the student union placard politics of the last 5 years?.

You're right, it is depressing that we could very well end up with another 5 years of ineffective opposition to Boris.

42 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Come on own up, who has hacked @SchtivePesley's account ?

Before you know it you'll be labelled as a Nazi like some of us on here just cos we like to question stuff and not automatically follow the far left dogma. 

Welcome to the darkside ?

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit on, it should concern all of us that our current government has no effective opposition.

I agree but the fact remains that Labour just don't get that this country will never elect a government that far left.

Corbynista’s and other lefties don’t
seem to have learnt their lesson after the general election. A lot of them are coming out and saying the Labour Party HAVE to have a female leader, preferably Rebecca Long- Bailey, why must the leader be female? Shouldn’t the best candidate be the most important rather than ticking boxes? If the best labour candidate is female then fair enough, but don’t select them just because they’re female and appeasing the PC brigade then moan when we get smashed in future general elections . I couldn’t give a toss whether you’re male, female, black, white or any other ethnic minority, if you’re good enough, you’re good enough but don’t just pick them to appease the sjw’s, this is coming from a ‘leftie’

9 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

seem to have learnt their lesson after the general election. A lot of them are coming out and saying the Labour Party HAVE to have a female leader, preferably Rebecca Long- Bailey, why must the leader be female? Shouldn’t the best candidate be the most important rather than ticking boxes? If the best labour leader is female then fair enough, but don’t select a leader just because they’re female and appeasing the PC brigade then moan when we get smashed in future general elections . I couldn’t give a toss whether you’re male, female, black, white or any other ethnic minority, if you’re good enough, you’re good enough but don’t just pick them to appease the sjw’s, this is coming from a ‘leftie’

'we all agree'. 

Says it all.

23 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

seem to have learnt their lesson after the general election. A lot of them are coming out and saying the Labour Party HAVE to have a female leader, preferably Rebecca Long- Bailey, why must the leader be female? Shouldn’t the best candidate be the most important rather than ticking boxes? If the best labour candidate is female then fair enough, but don’t select them just because they’re female and appeasing the PC brigade then moan when we get smashed in future general elections . I couldn’t give a toss whether you’re male, female, black, white or any other ethnic minority, if you’re good enough, you’re good enough but don’t just pick them to appease the sjw’s, this is coming from a ‘leftie’

Welcome to the Culture War that infects everything - from trivial BAFTA's that will only give awards to shows that meet diversity targets regardless of quality to more important issues such as picking the leader of the opposition based on ticking a box rather than quality to lead/oppose the Tories.

What an age we live in...

6 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

God this is depressing

He's too posh for me, with his fancy dan toolmaker dad.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Welcome to the Culture War that infects everything - from trivial BAFTA's that will only give awards to shows that meet diversity targets regardless of quality to more important issues such as picking the leader of the opposition based on ticking a box rather than quality to lead/oppose the Tories.

What an age we live in...

Life must be hard getting so worked up by a culture war then exists mostly in your head. 

Archived