The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, cstand said:

More referendums please to the people this will stop the whingerush generation trying  to press gang politicians into making the wrong decisions trial by media is not acceptable. 

Good night last night, was it? 

Tuesday is unconventional, but why not? Hope you're feeling not too rough. 

29 minutes ago, Andicis said:

#BeKind and all that. Never ceases to amaze me how vitriolic people can be behind the safety net of Twitter.

That platform is a whirling vortex of unpleasantness when it comes to politics.

Apart from politics, all it does it let people show their new shoes they just bought, or a disappointing brekkie at a Motorway services.

51 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I tend to find twitter today is why I hate modern politics

Utterly toxic platform. Dreadful.

A few of the usual suspects will be soon to defend him. Unfortunately most of the social media platforms are very left leaning and this sort of crap will be swept under the carpet.

The geezer is a ******.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Thanks to twitter and the cancel culture that Labour are apart of, It's hard to see them even being able to field a candidate in every constituency at the next two general elections ?

39 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

A few of the usual suspects will be soon to defend him. Unfortunately most of the social media platforms are very left leaning and this sort of crap will be swept under the carpet.

The geezer is a ******.

I'm not going to defend him - that's a pretty crappy thing to say

Nor am I going to make a cheap jibe about the fact he's merely exercising his right to free speech, and we're all just snowflakes for being offended by him

45 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I'm not going to defend him - that's a pretty crappy thing to say

Nor am I going to make a cheap jibe about the fact he's merely exercising his right to free speech, and we're all just snowflakes for being offended by him

Or that he seems to be very patriotic, judging by his support for the England national team.

The geezer is indeed a ******.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

It's not very nice and he comes across as a complete pillock, but I think people should be free to say whatever they want (genuine calls for violence notwithstanding). My only problem is that I can absolutely guarantee that this gimboid and people like him will be amongst the most vociferous when it comes to de-platforming people they disagree with.

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

Thanks to twitter and the cancel culture that Labour are apart of, It's hard to see them even being able to field a candidate in every constituency at the next two general elections ?

I doubt he is on Keir Starmer's Christmas card list, I don't think he'll ever get a sniff of standing.

Looking at his Twitter there is a lot of cussing, can't help thinking he is compensating for something … faint whiff of being bullied by the girls when in the 3rd Year.

Like how the usual suspects rush on here to condemn some unknown moron on twitter, but were mostly silent when Johnson, the actual person who is actually running the country, appointed an advisor who claimed there was scientific research that proved that black people were of lower intelligence that white people.

Said advisor didn't get removed from their post for expressing obscene, racist opinions, but resigned.

I think this thread should be used for debating what people in power do and don't do. It's pretty pointless using it to comment of unknown people's tweets. It would just become like twitter then, rather than the melting pot of ideas and opinions we've all come to love.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Like how the usual suspects rush on here to condemn some unknown moron on twitter, but were mostly silent when Johnson, the actual person who is actually running the country, appointed an advisor who claimed there was scientific research that proved that black people were of lower intelligence that white people.

Said advisor didn't get removed from their post for expressing obscene, racist opinions, but resigned.

I think this thread should be used for debating what people in power do and don't do. It's pretty pointless using it to comment of unknown people's tweets. It would just become like twitter then, rather than the melting pot of ideas and opinions we've all come to love.

Whataboutery.

We'll talk about whatever we like.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, everyone find 10 stupid tweets from 'opposite' politics to their own. Then we can all condemn them. Really would maximise the value of free speech that you so adore.

You have no idea what Andicis' politics are. The tweet was posted as an example of twitter being a toxic platform and why the poster dislikes modern politics.

I love that you seem to think me liking free speech is some kind of 'gotcha'.

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The geezer is a ******.

I think you’re right. It shouldn’t matter if the platform is left, right or monster raving loonies, such comments simply shouldn’t be tolerated.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

You have no idea what Andicis' politics are. The tweet was posted as an example of twitter being a toxic platform and why the poster dislikes modern politics.

I love that you seem to think me liking free speech is some kind of 'gotcha'.

I didn't mean to imply what his politics are, just copying stupid tweets so people can condemn them is a bit pointless.

We all love free speech. Apart from when it inspires nutcases to violence.

49 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I didn't mean to imply what his politics are, just copying stupid tweets so people can condemn them is a bit pointless.

We all love free speech. Apart from when it inspires nutcases to violence.

Thank god the far right have never inspired anyone to violence eh? 

Archived