The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

3 minutes ago, cstand said:

Insulting leave voters resulted in a massive majority for the Tories so please carry on.

Yeah, loads of Leave voters were so unhappy with the accusations of racism that they voted for a racist instead. He's a posh one though, so it's ok.

I think they probably switched as they liked the simplistic, non-detailed and incorrect catchphrase of Get Brexit Done.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Leave voters are fine. It's remainers who honoured the referendum result that I can't abide! They are the real traitors and should be locked up!

I realise you are gutted that we as nation voted leave I would be gutted if we had a Corbyn government but the debate is done votes have been counted democracy must be implemented.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, loads of Leave voters were so unhappy with the accusations of racism that they voted for a racist instead. He's a posh one though, so it's ok.

I think they probably switched as they liked the simplistic, non-detailed and incorrect catchphrase of Get Brexit Done.

The get Brexit done was a response to the shambles our parliament had become with remainers trying to overturn the referendum. Two years completely wasted.

4 minutes ago, cstand said:

I realise you are gutted that we as nation voted leave I would be gutted if we had a Corbyn government but the debate is done votes have been counted democracy must be implemented.

Referendums are the opposite to democracy. We elect MPs to make decisions on our behalf. Most of them thought remaining in the EU was best.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Referendums are the opposite to democracy. We elect MPs to make decisions on our behalf. Most of them thought remaining in the EU was best.

I don't think there is anything more democratic than giving the decision directly to the people. 

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It was simple as ABC, Anything  But Corbyn.

9 minutes ago, cstand said:

The get Brexit done was a response to the shambles our parliament had become with remainers trying to overturn the referendum.

Much of the shambles in parliament was caused by ERG, a group that included Johnson, voting against their own party. 

16 minutes ago, cstand said:

The get Brexit done was a response to the shambles our parliament had become with remainers trying to overturn the referendum. Two years completely wasted.

What a load of tripe, it was Tory MPs including the current PM that voted it down. Do you even understand how parliamentary majorities work?

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Much of the shambles in parliament was caused by ERG, a group that included Johnson, voting against their own party. 

Ooh that's harsh - I mean, they DID vote against the Tory Brexit deal when they deemed it "not Brexit-y enough" - despite the fact that they frequently used the vagueness of what Brexit actually meant as a tool in their armoury when it suited them. But apart from that they were totally blameless. In fact "blaming everyone else" is their defining characteristic. When it all goes pear-shaped they will blame the EU for not just rolling over. Despite the fact that "not rolling over" is a good trait when it;'s us doing the "not rolling over". So yeah...apart from that

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't think there is anything more democratic than giving the decision directly to the people. 

Why aren't we having a referendum on what we should do regarding Coronovirus? I think I know a lot more about it than those so called experts. Can't believe Johnson is even listening to them. Just do what you think is best.

Why were the public even asked about leaving the EU? It's clearly a hugely complicated decision and very view people were even told about these complexities, let alone understand them.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Why aren't we having a referendum on what we should do regarding Coronovirus? I think I know a lot more about it than those so called experts. Can't believe Johnson is even listening to them. Just do what you think is best.

Why were the public even asked about leaving the EU? It's clearly a hugely complicated decision and very view people were even told about these complexities, let alone understand them.

It's not really a comparable scenario though is it? Comparing a health pandemic and a political decision is not really sensible. 

I mean it was a hugely divisive issue that people wanted a vote on, you can't really ignore that as the government. 

19 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity in other words its now or never and rightly given to the people to decide. Only when the vote did not go as planned people who do not believe in democracy complained.

Just now, cstand said:

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity in other words its now or never and rightly given to the people to decide. Only when the vote did not go as planned people who do not believe in democracy complained.

Well that’s me done for a while it’s a once in a lifetime on the stock markets IMO after watching Bloomberg this morning.

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

Let's see how joyous and united all those Leavers who knew what they exactly were voting for will be this time next year. Remember, you all know exactly what you voted for.

Archived