v Barnsley (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

That's why I've found it quite frustrating to see us try and utilise "Lump it to Waggy" as our main tactic in that half ?‍♂️ pick someone else to aim for, Hammer! Haha

That's one of our big problems, particularly against sides who press high up like Barnsley. We need a holding midfielder who both has the ability and confidence to receive the ball under pressure from the keeper or centre backs, who'll then turn with it and get us moving forward. Bird is definitely a talented player, but he's rarely there to receive the pass from defence so we're having to resort to lumping it long to two forwards who struggle to win aerial duels. 

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Add lowe to That list 

Seriously? This is what makes it so hard to trust match day threads when you aren't watching.

He admittedly made two errors in quick succession trying to force the play, one unlucky the other slightly clumsy. Other than that he was really good going forward and defending... playing brilliantly. 

Great start, but their substitution changed the game and then we were on the backfoot. Marriott needs to steady himself instead of snatching at chances. 

Knight been really hardworking and busy. Game passing Rooney by largely.  Much more to come. 

Hamer does that a lot with low shots. They almost all bounce off him. First time it's been punished but I've always been concerned by it. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Hamer gifts Barnsley an equaliser

Were gonna really regret those early misses

Thought it was more down to no-one picking up their man. Hamer had a difficult hard hit shot to stop. Agree it wasn't the best but still.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Hamer does that a lot with low shots. They almost all bounce off him. First time it's been punished but I've always been concerned by it. 

Hamer has been decent since he came in for Roos but ultimately isn't a top half keeper in my book.  Definitely a position for improvement

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dave MacKay?! He was some player. ?

Certainly was! I read today that John McGovern (scored the winner v Liverpool to giv Cloughie his first League Championship with the Rams and went on to captain another team to lift the European Cup) came to Derby, saw Mackay play and realised he would have to train non-stop to be worth a place on the same pitch!

Reckon Rooney could have the same effect.

No, if he could just come back later as manager and lead us to a third (Premiership) thitle.

Not too much of an ask!?

Archived