v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Did we have to have someone sent off for them to work like this?

No, they were playing like this while Bielik was on the pitch too. 

I do think one enforced absence has helped though ?

Obviously a long way to go yet but I’m surprised by how lazy and almost uninterested Charlton are in winning the ball back.

They’re a goal down and a man up, the impetus should be entirely on them but they’re second to every ball at the moment. It’s almost as if a hard work ethic can go a long way towards getting results...

Derby's sustained pressure is making it difficult for me to comment because I worry about something major happened while I'm on cooldown ?

Anyway; a few nearly moments in the past 5 minutes. Marriott almost put through with a long ball. Just before that; intricate play around the area sees Holmes pull the ball back to KNight whos shot is blocked.

He could've pulled it back to Marriott on the edge of the area, might have been the better option.

Waghorn wins the ball high up the field, but chooses to pass it to Knight at the unfortunate moment that JK is turning to find the ball. 

A throw-in later; Knight gets a low cross in thats cleared for a corner before it reaches Marriott. A goal is coming. 

Archived