v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Just now, Rosythram said:

Every day a red card and he’s running around like a spring chicken even after 8 forward rolls.

Strange game this football malarkey!

To be honest I’d have given him a red for that reckless out of control challenge. Maybe an ankle # and he’d deserved it then ? 

Silly boy.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bieliks stupidity aside, all things considered we’ve done pretty well there. Need to cut out the lax passes though. Terrible by Knight leading to the red, and Lowe did similar as well. Never seen a side with such poor concentration. But, we’ve been the better side, even with 10 men. Need to remain compact, not overly deep, not do anything stupid, and try to see this out and grab a second to make it 2-0. We’ve shown we’re capable of getting a win here, maybe Waghorn might find his first touch at half time too?

Just now, Ramathorn said:

Martin for Waggy... I’d keep Marriott in for the one on one opportunity, Martin to hold the ball up and win the FKs

I’d disagree..... would say Waggy holds us together better when we’ve got men behind the ball 

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Really dislike Bird taking our set pieces though, he's just lofted every single one in so far which has made it easy for Charlton to defend. Get Waghorn whipping them in.

Well I think they've looked dangerous and for me I'd like to see him take more.

Soft shot from range forces Hamer into a save.

Marriott immediately put in behind by Hamer; but can't touch the ball over the keeper. It hits his toe and fires out for a goal kick. 

Bird is hurt after colliding with Clarke and the Charlton striker but immediately gets up. The collision created an opening for Charlton but they skewed the shot wide. 

Archived