V Millwall matchday thread

oomarkwright

3 hours ago, Emson said:

Lack of courage 

You are one to talk about lack of courage,  you came on here being a knob last week but didn't have the balls to respond to those you tried to bully online. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Allovertheplace said:

A handful of good players? I don't think you even have that really, as I said, there was no one in that Derby side who would make our starting 11, and any half decent player you do have is a couple of years of being 30 and on their decline. It will take about 2/3 years to turn your club around. 

anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, you will end up between 12th-18th this season.

There is some utter dross in the division this year, Barnsley, Luton, Middlesbrough and Wigan all trying to out do each other in trying to get relegated.

been on the lager shandy’s hahahahaha?

beat a poo Derby team, a seriously poo one. worst its been in years. and come on here tekkin the liberty.

fair play for the win like, deserved it fully, but you’re acting like you’re some sort of world beaters for outclassing a piss poor team!

Ffs, we always lose against you and any team Rowett manages, is how it is.

1 minute ago, Allovertheplace said:

Well, a lot of this team is the same team that finished 8th, 2 seasons ago............ So, no it isn't really on the back of an 8 game run......

You still haven't named a player in your side to make it into our team? Last season, your loan army carried you, when Mount and Wilson were injured, you struggled. Mount is now playing for a team in the top 4 of the Premiership while Wilson is getting good reviews at Bournemouth. Two players of real Premiership class can make a huge difference to a side in this league (remember Paul Merson at Portsmouth, Darren Huckerby at Norwich, Grealish at Aston Villa). 

I think those two players who made the other players look better than what they were last season. 

We will see at the end of the season, but don't be surprised to see us finish 6th - 10th spot, and yourselves around 15th.  

OK, but be realistic about where you are. Millwall are overachieving as much as Derby are underachieving.

Millwall finishing 8th in the Championship is not the norm and the majority of your recent past you have spent in the bottom half of the Championship and or in League One, so coming on here saying your players are much better than ours and not a single Derby player would get into your team doesn't hold much weight.

Unlike you, I won't pretend to know the relative strengths and weaknesses of your team, but I can say with some confidence that Jayden Bogle, Craig Forsyth (in his natural position of left back), Tom Lawrence, Chris Martin, Duane Holmes and Martyn Waghorn would all be welcomed with open arms at the New Den if the deal was right for Millwall. That's before you even get into the substitutes and the long list of injured players we have. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Those same Millwall players who you have lauded so much finished 21st in last year's Championship. So in that sense, yes, bravo, what a job Rowett is doing.

Good luck for the rest of the season! ?

I wouldn't take a single player from Derby's line up, anyone who thinks that you have a good team are deluding themselves.... Your current results and form is the result of a poor transfer policy that last season revolved around building a team around short term loans from Premiership clubs. Signing a 28 year old for £9million was also a piss poor decision. 

A few other posters called Millwall a poor side are doing Millwall a disservice. 2 away games in 5 days, 2 wins against Bristol City (we controlled that game) and Derby, 3 wins and 1 draw in the last 4 away games, unbeaten in 8 matches, playing the best football we've seen in a long time. We will end up 5th-9th come the end of the season.

Jed Wallace on current form is one of the best players in the division as well. 

The first half we were in complete control and you couldn't get out of your half or find someone wearing a white shirt. Second half we tired after a long week and were happy to sit back against a team whose creativity came from long throws and hopeful 50 yard balls. 

Bristol City fans were very complimentary towards us, we also recently dominated Swansea, Birmingham, Nottingham Forest, Stoke and Charlton. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/204533-millwall/

Who is this? I don’t think we have ever spent that amount on a single player have we? Could you tell me who you are referring to? 

28 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You are one to talk about lack of courage,  you came on here being a knob last week but didn't have the balls to respond to those you tried to bully online. 

So ironic after the recent election of fake news that The Happy Clapper to end all Happy Clappers  deliberately, shamefully and obviously posts something wholly out of context.

Anything to say about the game today ?

43 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

OK, but be realistic about where you are. Millwall are overachieving as much as Derby are underachieving.

Millwall finishing 8th in the Championship is not the norm and the majority of your recent past you have spent in the bottom half of the Championship and or in League One, so coming on here saying your players are much better than ours and not a single Derby player would get into your team doesn't hold much weight.

Unlike you, I won't pretend to know the relative strengths and weaknesses of your team, but I can say with some confidence that Jayden Bogle, Craig Forsyth (in his natural position of left back), Tom Lawrence, Chris Martin, Duane Holmes and Martyn Waghorn would all be welcomed with open arms at the New Den if the deal was right for Millwall. That's before you even get into the substitutes and the long list of injured players we have. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Those same Millwall players who you have lauded so much finished 21st in last year's Championship. So in that sense, yes, bravo, what a job Rowett is doing.

Good luck for the rest of the season! ?

Right now with how they're playing, I'd welcome offers for those players....

2 hours ago, Allovertheplace said:

I wouldn't take a single player from Derby's line up, anyone who thinks that you have a good team are deluding themselves.... Your current results and form is the result of a poor transfer policy that last season revolved around building a team around short term loans from Premiership clubs. Signing a 28 year old for £9million was also a piss poor decision. 

A few other posters called Millwall a poor side are doing Millwall a disservice. 2 away games in 5 days, 2 wins against Bristol City (we controlled that game) and Derby, 3 wins and 1 draw in the last 4 away games, unbeaten in 8 matches, playing the best football we've seen in a long time. We will end up 5th-9th come the end of the season.

Jed Wallace on current form is one of the best players in the division as well. 

The first half we were in complete control and you couldn't get out of your half or find someone wearing a white shirt. Second half we tired after a long week and were happy to sit back against a team whose creativity came from long throws and hopeful 50 yard balls. 

Bristol City fans were very complimentary towards us, we also recently dominated Swansea, Birmingham, Nottingham Forest, Stoke and Charlton. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/204533-millwall/

image.gif.97c73fc7c10e63c079cf071a48a2e808.gif

Well, a lot of this team is the same team that finished 8th, 2 seasons ago............ So, no it isn't really on the back of an 8 game run......

You still haven't named a player in your side to make it into our team? Last season, your loan army carried you, when Mount and Wilson were injured, you struggled. Mount is now playing for a team in the top 4 of the Premiership while Wilson is getting good reviews at Bournemouth. Two players of real Premiership class can make a huge difference to a side in this league (remember Paul Merson at Portsmouth, Darren Huckerby at Norwich, Grealish at Aston Villa). 

I think those two players who made the other players look better than what they were last season. 

We will see at the end of the season, but don't be surprised to see us finish 6th - 10th spot, and yourselves around 15th.  

Bogle was the best player on the pitch from either side. Shows how much you know about us last year, when Tomori was probably our best loanee and carried us just as much as the other two did. It's weird to see a club that is bouncing around between the league one and the lower half of the Championship gloat on a forum of a club that regularly finishes in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, Emson said:

So ironic after the recent election of fake news that The Happy Clapper to end all Happy Clappers  deliberately, shamefully and obviously posts something wholly out of context.

Anything to say about the game today ?

I'd be happy to discuss the match in a civilised manner, but not with someone who joined a forum and first post start attacking people.

12 hours ago, angieram said:

About the same! Although it was quiet around me today, not a lot of booing, just resignation.

Were you in the Derby dugout Angie?

Anyhow,  completely missed the game as me and my lad were on our way to Orlando for a cheeky week of white knuckle rides before xmas. 

Caught up on here and it sounds like my prediction league 2-2 was a tad optimistic. Feel for Cocu. He doesn't seem to have had any stable platform to build off.

It's not looking great though is it....what on earth is Rooney learning while watching us struggle??

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I'd be happy to discuss the match in a civilised manner, but not with someone who joined a forum and first post start attacking people.

I am affraid that too few are on here to have a civilised conversation. Fans have a broad range of opinions. Only one thing is certain.... none of them are totally right lol.

The team's :poo:

No one has any confidence

Keogh's going after Lawrence after being sacked (apparently, although correlation with issue resolved=Lawrence plays well, Keogh not done and will follow his case=Lawrence back to being poo *might* be there)

Our good players are playing :poo: and our :poo: players are playing :poo:

I'm all for punting a few more of the squad out the exit door TBH

We're heading for a reprisal of "DCFC The Nigel Clough Years" - Rooney is the new Robbie Savage. We stuck with it and got to the Mac 1 team in the end. We're going to go through the same process again, just hope a bit quicker this time. Be thankful to Mel as well, we'd have been exactly here two seasons ago if it hadn't been for Mel's backing.

1 hour ago, Ramleicester said:

I am affraid that too few are on here to have a civilised conversation. Fans have a broad range of opinions. Only one thing is certain.... none of them are totally right lol.

Absolutely. I am wrong lots of the time. There are ways to discuss, or invite people to do so.

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The team's :poo:

No one has any confidence

Keogh's going after Lawrence after being sacked (apparently, although correlation with issue resolved=Lawrence plays well, Keogh not done and will follow his case=Lawrence back to being poo *might* be there)

Our good players are playing :poo: and our :poo: players are playing :poo:

I'm all for punting a few more of the squad out the exit door TBH

We're heading for a reprisal of "DCFC The Nigel Clough Years" - Rooney is the new Robbie Savage. We stuck with it and got to the Mac 1 team in the end. We're going to go through the same process again, just hope a bit quicker this time. Be thankful to Mel as well, we'd have been exactly here two seasons ago if it hadn't been for Mel's backing.

Yes, I also see it that way, sadly. 

Archived