V Millwall matchday thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Anyone expecting these players to challenge for promotion are going to be disappointed. The team currently available isn't good enough and doesn't have the desire. Not sure how quickly Cocu can replace the dross he has inherited. We'll see what the club can and cant do in January. 

Today he was up against a manager even newer to his job than he is, with an even worse team than ours and they beat us quite comfortably. Both the players and Cocu deserve blame.

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Its alright if we have your deluded view that we are going to win the league next year (I don't know if that was serious)  but over the years the cumulation of just missing out and being bottle jobs like the Spurs of the championship ,loosing in the play-off final last year again  and then having all the quality ripped out the team to see players like ducking  Kieran Dowell be signed as 'replacements' with disgraceful football served in week out, what the actual duck do you expect? I don't advocate hurling horrible abuse at players, but If people want to show their frustrations so be it the players should be able to deal with that.

Rude.

Football's unpredictable mate. You don't know what's going to happen any better than I do. I just choose to remain optimistic in future outlook because it leads to far less anger from day-to-day. People who chose to remain optimistic about Farke on the Norwich forum during his first year were called the same things; not saying that Cocu will be successful but pretending to have any idea is horse poo. 

On to your point about "showing frustrations" we've talked about the argument of "players should be able to deal with that" before on here at length and that is also horse poo. They're human. Some will deal with it well. Some won't - and the ones that won't are the ones who always look devoid of confidence when they play for us.

23 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Does anyone know how many shots on target we’ve had in the last month or so?

We've had 4 shots on target in the 3 games during December:

A long range Waghorn shot that was comfortably saved.

A long range Holmes shot that was comfortably saved.

A Martin penalty.

A last minute Marriott effort vs Blackburn.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Rude.

Football's unpredictable mate. You don't know what's going to happen any better than I do. I just choose to remain optimistic in future outlook because it leads to far less anger from day-to-day. People who chose to remain optimistic about Farke on the Norwich forum during his first year were called the same things; not saying that Cocu will be successful but pretending to have any idea is horse poo. 

On to your point about "showing frustrations" we've talked about the argument of "players should be able to deal with that" before on here at length and that is also horse poo. They're human. Some will deal with it well. Some won't - and the ones that won't are the ones who always look devoid of confidence when they play for us.

Derby are pretty predictable with this recruitment team, we are regressing horribly  I admire optimism and don't want to come across rude but saying we will win the league next season is very deluded.  Its not like we are showing any signs of progress I think it is going to get worse before it get better, and that will mean Cocu sacked in the next few weeks/months and in the summer it will be a complete overhaul of the squad no matter what league we are in. So next season it would be a Leicester style miracle to see that happen, yes it is possible but I've just thinking from a rational point of view here not a negative or positive one as I think both ways of seeing things are usually inaccurate.  I don't expect us to go down that was just stupid talk, but we will finish around 20th-14th Imo, then next season we will try and transition to being just in and around top 6 but  we are miles off right now.

Also using Farke as an example is an exception to normality, there is probably loads of examples of a team playing like us now and going down to league 1 and then struggling to get out of League 1, but using that as an example would be horribly negative, same as the other way is overly positive. I really hope you are right I would love that and I also hope we show massive improvement in the next few weeks but this looks like a very bad season to me.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Today he was up against a manager even newer to his job than he is, AGREE with an even worse team than ours DISAGREE and they beat us quite comfortably. WASN’T THERE, CAN’T COMMENT Both the players and Cocu deserve blame. AGREE.

Got to say I’m concerned we’re on a slippery slope and Cocu doesn’t know the best way to correct it or if he does, the players are not buying it. 

Hamer- no different to roos

bogle - poor first half much better second half

davies - ok

forsyth - ok

lowe - see bogle

evans - at best he is 3rd choice at that position- not very good

holmes - stands and watches when the opposition have the ball ok when running towards goal but little comes from him

young lad - scampers about

Lawrence - has to play because he is one of the few who might score a goal but nothing today

waghorn - rubbish first half a bit better second BUT he misses our best chance in nearly every game it seems

martin - decent first half - but delivery to him is dreadful 

A very poor watch 

Crap formation, crap line up, crap tactics, crap players. We are crap. (Copy and pasted from Wednesday)

Boring, slow toothless. Worst midfield I can remember in a long time, a bit depressing really.

Come on you Rams ?

33 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

A quick word on the fans.

I totally understand and respect the angle, despite disagreeing with it, that those who've paid are entitled to boo etc. (I don't disagree with the entitlement, but the desired effect).

The players should not be free of real-time criticism.

However, watching that game and hearing things like "you stupid **** t**t" (I use asterix's as the censorship subdues the context) directed at almost every player at different times of the game is really quite pathetic and says a lot about some fans. 

How, in any world, is that going to improve anything? What player is going to want to play for those fans? Just seems bizarre to me. 

More to the point. What fans are going to want to watch them.   Absolute garbage again bar 10 minutes in the second half.  That's normally because the opposition are defending out a result and our players have plenty in the tank having spent 80 minutes scratching there arse's.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Millwall will poohouse a win here in what I predict will be an absolute stinker. 

Spot on .. You are Mystic Meg, I claim my fiver .... which still won’t be enough to cover a bag of crisps and a beer. 

Don’t know about anyone else but the atmosphere in the east stand is terrible, it’s starting to ruin my experience, we and my Dad had to leave early because of toxic the whole game felt, we got into arguments with some of the so called ‘fans’ that didn’t want to sing for Jim Smith but want to boo for us passing the ball around, I know we aren’t playing good football but just support your team, if we didn’t leave early it would of been a ban for one of us

Archived