Ferdi Kadioglu

Carnero

4 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's not going to be 10 million  is it let's be honest. 

If we were to get him it would be on loan for the rest of this season with a guaranteed purchase in the summer. No way would that guaranteed purchase price of £10m.

He cost €1.26m 18 months ago and has played 27 games in that time. They can obviously demand whatever they wish but I wouldn't expect a fee of more than 3 or 4m at most.

I also don't think he's worth 10 million (... dollars, pounds sterling, euros).

As I've read recently four biggest Turkish football clubs (Fenerbache, Galatasaray, Besiktas and Tranzonspor) are in debts over 2.6bn $ (+- 2 bn £)

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/01/turkey-plans-debt-restructuring-top-football-clubs-190110095601340.html

It's quite possible they need to sell him in order to balance their books.

I also think the most likely price would be around 4-5£ million plus add-ons.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we can only pay half of the valuation I would assume the talks will be pretty brief.

I dno if someone called me and offered me half value for something I'd just put the phone down on the desk and leave the line open as punishment. If they're persistent they could stay on that line forever.

I do the same with cold callers ? 

12 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

He's not Turkish, he's a Netherlands u21 international. Only reason he ended up in Turkey was because Cocu brought him there. 

He is a dual national. His parents immigrated from Turkey to Holland. Cocu was NOT the only reason he ended up in Turkey. I am not Turkish but speak the lingo and watch the league. All of this is irrelevant as thankfully its not happening.

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've heard quite the opposite, I've never seen him play and know nothing about him but someone who follows Turkish football says he is a quality player and is one of Fenerbaches star players at the minute. He said a couple of weeks back there would be no chance of us signing him.

Are you sure he's on about the same bloke?

15 hours ago, SilentRam said:

He is not good.

Turkish league is very sub standard. MLS is a higher quality. This would be a terrible purchase. It really bothers me when a manager seems to go find ex players too. I thought Cocu could pick up the phone to Barca where he played and ask which youngster is available for loan.

Why wouldn’t you like it when a manager signs an ex-player? Surely that removes some of the guesswork - he basically knows what he’s getting...?

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

says we're "hiring" him

All of the replies are Fenerbahce fans complaining about the idea of letting him go when Moses is injured. None of them questioning the validity. I don't know if that has any merit.

Here's a turkish journo with a tick stating that Cocu and Derby's interest is real.

In England, when one more general source says there's a deal in the works and a verified individual confirms there's interest, it tends to have legs.

Archived