Ferdi Kadioglu

Carnero

12 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Anyone who a manager previously signed who's not getting game time I always assume is lazy journalism 

Agreed. 

Although he is young; he is comfortable out wide and Cocu is clearly aware of him and thinks highly of him to take him over to Turkey. So it could be both a strong link and lazy journalism ? 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid was being seriously hyped up as being part of the next Dutch generation a few years ago, along with De Jong and De Ligt.

This is definitely the sort of player I'd like to see us looking at. Young. Promising. Not over-the-hill with no resale value.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Fenerbache fans seem to like him: 

If he does join, there will be two possible outcomes:

1. Our social media(s) get flooded with turkish fans cheering us on & voicing their praise for this player.

2. Our social media(s) get flooded with turkish fans hating us.

Just now, Squid said:

If he does join, there will be two possible outcomes:

1. Our social media(s) get flooded with turkish fans cheering us on & voicing their praise for this player.

2. Our social media(s) get flooded with turkish fans hating us.

Turkish fans who already hate Cocu and spent the first weeks after his signing on our feed slagging him off?

Will 100% be option 1. ? 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Turkish fans who already hate Cocu and spent the first weeks after his signing on our feed slagging him off?

Will 100% be option 1. ? 

Oh god, I remember that, was hilarious, more obsessed with us than the dirties up the road! and thats saying something...

According to WHoScored his stats this season are: 

• 1 start
  • 6 sub appearances
  • 3 goals
  • 1 assist

Seems he can't make the starting 11 ususally so may be available for transfer.

20 years old. Cost 1.25m 18 months ago,

This is the assessment from WhoScored.

image.png.682a7d8956f2b5214875b7d91c92d0dc.png

"No significant strengths" - so should fit right in with our wingers ?

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

According to WHoScored his stats this season are: 

• 1 start
  • 6 sub appearances
  • 3 goals
  • 1 assist

Seems he can't make the starting 11 ususally so may be available for transfer.

20 years old. Cost 1.25m 18 months ago,

This is the assessment from WhoScored.

image.png.682a7d8956f2b5214875b7d91c92d0dc.png

"No significant strengths" - so should fit right in with our wingers ?

I'm a big fan of WhoScored's rating system, which is flawed, but mostly quite a strong indicator. But their Strengths and Weaknesses system has bigger problems. I'm not sure what it's based on at all, perhaps simply how often something gets done per game compared to other players in the league?

Will Hughes' weaknesses include Passing, for example.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I'm a big fan of WhoScored's rating system, which is flawed, but mostly quite a strong indicator. But their Strengths and Weaknesses system has bigger problems. I'm not sure what it's based on at all, perhaps simply how often something gets done per game compared to other players in the league?

Will Hughes' weaknesses include Passing, for example.

Yeah but Dowell has no strengths and basically everything is a weakness, so it must be fairly accurate.

5 hours ago, Jack Willow said:

Naamloos-WareKleuren-01.thumb.jpg.8e51d5bf9d717c7a0654fba57ed270d9.jpg

http://www.fotospor.com/haber-fenerbahce-ersun-yanalin-ferdi-kadioglu-karari-ingiltereden-surpriz-talip-354903

FERDİ’YE COCU’NUN Derby COUNTY’Sİ TALİP OLDU

Bu arada Ferdi Kadıoğlu'na Cocu’nun çalıştırdığı Derby County’nin talip olduğu bildirildi… Hollandalı teknik direktörün bizzat ülkesinden  bulup getirdiği, Ferdi’yi şimdi de Championship’e götürmek istediği iddia edildi. Hem Ferdi’nin, hem de Cocu’nun menajerinin aynı olduğu bu ismin Ferdi Kadıoğlu için Fenerbahçe yönetimiyle bir görüşme yaptığı da gelen bilgiler arasında.

FERDI'Ye COCU's Derby COUNTY WAS TALIP

Meanwhile, Ferdi Kadioglu, Cocu's coach edging Derby county was reported to be a suitor ... The Dutch coach himself found and brought from his country, Ferdi now wanted to take to the Championship was claimed. Both Ferdi's manager and Cocu's manager is the same name for Ferdi Kadioglu in a meeting with fenerbahce management is among the information.

Tbh i think i understood the Turkish more than the attempted English translation........?

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Seems too weird a link for there not to be something in this one. 

Actually thought the complete opposite. Young Dutch player who plays for Cocus former club, who he signed, and who apparently has the same agent? Seems like lazy journalism.

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Actually thought the complete opposite. Young Dutch player who plays for Cocus former club, who he signed, and who apparently has the same agent? Seems like lazy journalism.

Perhaps, if it was the English media then more likely. But with it being the Turkish media, it’s not exactly the sort of thing that’s gonna sell papers over there, so think there must be something in it myself. What that is I don’t know, we’ve probably sent a scout over and that’s about it.

You can translate words literally all you want - having an algorithm rebuild sentence structure and replace words with more relevant alternatives, to compensate for words/phrases that don't exist in the other language, is a long way off; until that happens a lot of auto-translated stuff is only going to make some sense ? 

7 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Been on the bench all season so far for Fener in the league. 2 goals and an assist in 140 minutes of football is pretty impressive though.

One start in a domestic cup came with a goal, too.

Absolutely zero concept of the levels of that competition though. The ignorance within me wants me to shrug it away as being an awful league but frankly I've long started to doubt the quality of the Championship ? 

Daniel Sturridge has 2 goals in the same league in 247 minutes of football, so using complex mathematical algorithms, we can safely conclude that Kadioglu is 1.76 times as good as Daniel Sturridge

Foreign name - must be good.

Love the way the majority of us say he’ll be alright on the basis of two facts: 1) We actually have no idea who he is and therefore we cannot stereotype him already and B) he’s not English.

Im sure Flojo had some OK stats in a foreign league once upon a time.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Foreign name - must be good.

Love the way the majority of us say he’ll be alright on the basis of two facts: 1) We actually have no idea who he is and therefore we cannot stereotype him already and B) he’s not English.

Im sure Flojo had some OK stats in a foreign league once upon a time.

The season before we bought him, FloJo had pretty good stats in our league! 

Archived