v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

Bogle wins the ball off their full-back and Holmes is a step and a half behind reacting to the loose ball. So disappointing. 

We're talking about situations where if players have 5% more energy, it's a completely different performance.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrence gets the ball; Holmes makes a run with a good alley for TL to pass into.

TL keeps it and runs at the defense. The opportunity to pass to Holmes opens up again.

TL shoots, blocked, Wednesday possession. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Bogle wins the ball off their full-back and Holmes is a step and a half behind reacting to the loose ball. So disappointing. 

We're talking about situations where if players have 5% more energy, it's a completely different performance.

Exactly this. Players aren’t working hard enough. Sky commented on it, the half arsed lack of fight is a poor showing to our younger players.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Because we are at home and can't get out our own half? 

Mistakes will happen under constant pressure. 

He needs to change the system, or play percentage football. We aren't good enough to pass through this high press. 

Two up ducking top u docks head cocu 

u tried it ... it worked and u changed it ... why ??

i want to know why ??

i want radio Derby to ask 

Phil, u found something that seemed to get the best out of the players and u ditched it after two promising outings with it ?

can u explain why ? 

abd more so why then go back to the one isolated unsupported striker who can be anyone of waghorn, Martin or Marriott 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

This is exactly my point above. If we had a bit more effort we would have won possession on the edge of the area and had a go against their defence who wouldn’t have had to time to get organised. Just put a shift in lads, you make your own luck. 

That line up really smacks of desperation and if I didn't know better I'd say the end of a managerial reign, throwing things at it in the hope something works. However, if it is the start of transition and actually playing a few kids then that's different. 

Archived