Rooney at Derby

therealhantsram

37 minutes ago, Rambam said:

I wonder if Wayne had some input at half time. The first half was possibly the worst I’ve seen at Pride Park. It must have felt like I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here to England’s and Manchester United’s record goal scorer. 

I can’t imagine him NOT having something to say. They did come out with a lot more fire in their bellies, if not much more quality.

It was his third game in the dugout. Why didn't he bother saying anything at half time in the other two?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, richinspain said:

It was his third game in the dugout. Why didn't he bother saying anything at half time in the other two?

I don’t know. There comes a point where he may feel he’s worked with the guys enough to chime in. Stranger things happen. A lot of things are said in dressing rooms, Einstein. 

39 minutes ago, Rambam said:

I don’t know. There comes a point where he may feel he’s worked with the guys enough to chime in. Stranger things happen. A lot of things are said in dressing rooms, Einstein. 

I wasn't particularly having a dig at you, it just seems strange that it's never the manager who has a positive effect during a game. In Frank's tenure it was always Jodie Morris who got the hair dryer out and now it's Rooney. As I said, why didn't he say anything in the other two games? Or before the games? He doesn't strike me as a shrinking violet. I'm sure that if he had anything to say he would have said it.

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I wasn't particularly having a dig at you, it just seems strange that it's never the manager who has a positive effect during a game. In Frank's tenure it was always Jodie Morris who got the hair dryer out and now it's Rooney. As I said, why didn't he say anything in the other two games? Or before the games? He doesn't strike me as a shrinking violet. I'm sure that if he had anything to say he would have said it.

Genuine question and not a dig, how do we know anything that goes on in the dressing room? How do you know Jody or anyone else but Cocu is blasting the players in the dressing room? Unless I've missed something?

6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Genuine question and not a dig, how do we know anything that goes on in the dressing room? How do you know Jody or anyone else but Cocu is blasting the players in the dressing room? Unless I've missed something?

My point entirely. We aññ have pre-conceived ideas about managers and their assistants, but it's quite possible that when the supposedly manered manager gets his back up he's actually worse than the bulldog!

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Did the manager say anything at half time?

Wardrobe ‘errrrrr,everyone did we all had an input’.

It’s worth watching his interview post match and seeing his reaction when asked,as(like)you say we’ve no idea what’s said.

Are our stats with Rooney drawn 2 and lost 1?

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

My point entirely. We aññ have pre-conceived ideas about managers and their assistants, but it's quite possible that when the supposedly manered manager gets his back up he's actually worse than the bulldog!

While Cocu looks pragmatic and relaxed a lot of the time, I would not be surprised to discover he would actually tear someone to shreds before flicking his hair over

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not at all. It's not about how fast you run, it's about how fast you move the ball about. 

While true; I would point out that if everyone on a team was old and slow it would take an awful lot of quick passes to make any progress ? 

So it is a factor.

If Rooney and Martin are destined to play together we need energy around them; that's for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Just watched Gary Neville soccer box with Rooney. Some of the goals he scored, i nearly forgot how good he was...Even if he is just half as good when he puts on a Ram shirt he should be better than the rest, no doubt.

Watched it to. That overhead kick against city was something else. 

Think we're quite lucky to have him to be honest

Can’t wait for this guy to be in the team. We really have no leader or spine.  I know he is long past his best, but he will galvanise a number of our young players. He will be greatly influential too in shaping the style Cocu wants. Roll on 2020.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Can’t wait for this guy to be in the team. We really have no leader or spine.  I know he is long past his best, but he will galvanise a number of our young players. He will be greatly influential too in shaping the style Cocu wants. Roll on 2020.

Now if we just get Diego Maradona to join us and improve our set pieces...

On 12/12/2019 at 13:42, SaintRam said:

While true; I would point out that if everyone on a team was old and slow it would take an awful lot of quick passes to make any progress ? 

So it is a factor.

If Rooney and Martin are destined to play together we need energy around them; that's for sure. 

But cocu likes to play with one isolated forward so that ain’t going to happen.lol

im chuckling in jest ... but sadly it’s oh so true 

Archived