Is Keogh getting paid

Derbyram1983

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Think we need an answer to this as fans. I personally don’t think he should be after injuring himself as he is as much to blame as the drivers. One of the bigger earners at the club with nearly 2 years left on his deal. Can we find out the answer to this? 

Most injuries are covered by insurance. This one might not be due to negligence but we don't know and probably never will.

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Think we need an answer to this as fans. I personally don’t think he should be after injuring himself as he is as much to blame as the drivers. One of the bigger earners at the club with nearly 2 years left on his deal. Can we find out the answer to this? 

He certainly is. Saw him earlier today. His Mrs had wheeled him in to the garden, and he was throwing tenners on to the bonfire. I am sure I could hear him mumbling duck you Derby Fans, duck you.

12 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

nothing to do with us, confidential matter between club and player

30 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

What has it got to do with you whether someone is being paid or not?

42 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

As part of their contract, they can only be fined up to 2 weeks wages. The only way he wouldn't be paid, is if he is sacked, but I highly doubt he will be, as the club like him as a motivator for the team (as previous players and managers have said). I think the fact that he's basically got a career-ending injury is enough to teach him a lesson. 

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Being a fan, i don't think we have anything to do with this

I’m nosey

Understatement of the year!  

Absolutely none of our business... this week or any other! 

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Why do you want to know??????????? are you a secret share holder? As fans what players are paid has nothing to do with us and before you say you pay to get in/season ticket what Derby take in attendance money would probably struggle to maintain a 1st division club.I wonder what fans attitude would have been if he asked for a whip round instead of having to sell the ground to himself to cover the losses ?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

He certainly is. Saw him earlier today. His Mrs had wheeled him in to the garden, and he was throwing tenners on to the bonfire. I am sure I could hear him mumbling duck you Derby Fans, duck you.

It was actually “duck you Derby fans, as you say, duck you Derby fans “

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

If bennett and Lawrence are going to be playing as they were they should pay half each for keoghs wage or at least a donation towards it 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

nothing to do with us, confidential matter between club and player

Everything to do with us supporters. Our ticket revenue, merchandising purchases match purchases and TV contracts pay his wages. What isn't anything to with us is how much that is.

He's the captain and should have led by example. 

Archived