Whose ever been in trouble......

Mafiabob

Just wondering if anyone will happily share their brush with the law, or worse.

Speeding 40 in a 30..... and a MOT on my indicator lights on my first car as they packed in.

Hopefully people can be frank and honest 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a car impounded for not being taxed.

When I was very young I got pulled when uninsured, but the copper was only bothered about whether I'd been drinking, so I was off once he'd established I was stone cold sober.

I got done for speeding, 24 in a 20. duck you London!

I have driven once when over the limit. I slept in the car after a particularly raucous house party and just wanted to get home when I woke up. It had been 5 or 6 hours since my last drink, but I knew I'd still fail a breath test.

Only been in serious trouble once if you discount a speeding fine for doing 45mph in a 40mph zone. A fine which cost me more than the £10 an irate magistrate in a Birmingham court could give me, after I'd been arrested for being a naughty boy on the terraces at Villa Park. 

The magistrate was irate because the nice policeman who had arrested me, had only charged me with a minor public order offence. Meaning the magistrate couldn't fine me with the new £1,000 fine the government had just introduced, in an attempt to clamp down on football hooliganism. Something he told me he would have gladly done if he could have.

Trespassing as a kid on a farmer's property. Only messing around in a field, built a little campfire, didn't realise it belonged to the farmer. We were 15/16. Instead of the farmer approaching us and telling us to bugger off, he got the police involved. Fair to say the coppers couldn't care less. Told us to let the fire die out and go home. Very nice blokes! Good job we hid the beer.......

Speeding. Sneaky speed trap. Built up area 40mph goes into a stretch of dual carriageway. However there was no other sign to signal a change in speed until further down the road past a round-about. Therefore 40mph still applied. Caught scrumping. Caught by farmer and helpers building a den out of hay bales.  I am a fugitive!

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

54 in a 40mph zone on Ashbourne Road past the road to the Crem, heading up to Brailsford Golf course.

That's the only one I'm discussing.

Could of killed someone.

We’ve all potentially done that though if you think about it.

40 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Could of killed someone.

We’ve all potentially done that though if you think about it.

It’s “could have”, not “could of”.  Anyway, the only person who could’ve potentially been killed was the copper on the grass area and sadly, I’d have had to go off-road to get near him. Not sure the Volvo V40 i was driving would’ve managed, it struggled in puddles let alone mud. 

Verbal caution for underage drinking. 

4 speeding fines.

Numerous parking fines, one of which ended with a court summons.

Encroaching on the pitch at Pride Park. (Celebrating Malcolm Christie's last minute equaliser against Sheff Wed in 3-3 draw. Was in no way planned as we were actually losing 3-1 when I left my seat to leave the ground).

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

It’s “could have”, not “could of”.  Anyway, the only person who could’ve potentially been killed was the copper on the grass area and sadly, I’d have had to go off-road to get near him. Not sure the Volvo V40 i was driving would’ve managed, it struggled in puddles let alone mud. 

Thanks for the correction.

Hope you didn’t get porridge.

Never been in trouble with the law, except for speeding of course, yet it could have been so different.

I have done lots of things that I never got caught for, most of them are drink related as well.

Not that I will share what I did, but I will say having children changed my outlook on life, and yet even at my age when I have a drink, and am out with the lads there is always a risk I could do something silly again. No excuse I know, but all sensible logic goes out the window with excess drinking imo.

Archived