Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, David said:

Me and the other half had a bit of a talk today and decided to cancel our holiday.

The unknown’s are too risky. Gutted.

As of today we would need to quarantine and her work isn’t best pleased as she’s used all her holidays so it would be unpaid, stands to lose £800 ish in wages.

Ryanair are still flying and the hotel is still open despite the government advising against none essential travel.

Having spoke to the holiday provider they are going week by week, if a week before the holiday the hotel and flights are still on we wouldn’t be entitled to any refund at all if we wished to cancel, but if we cancel before the 11th we have all our hotel money back and can rearrange the flights for a later date.

£150 out of pocket though in fees and transfers cancellation.

Didn’t want to find ourselves in a situation where the resort was on lockdown and curfew where we’re sat in the hotel room to then cost the missus £800 in time off work.

We also paid over £100 for the train to Manchester Airport, as I added the tickets to my iPhone wallet they are ineligible for a refund with trainline but we can reschedule the outgoing train so spending 4 nights in an apartment in Manchester instead. 

All a bit frustrating and gutting but when you stop to think about those that have lost their jobs or lives in this pandemic we’re trying not to get too down about it.

Still ducking gutted though.

Very wise decision David

I presume the missus made it ?

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Meant to in the air to Cyprus right now, instead I'm misting and painting ceilings.

Mate. I could’ve cancelled this holiday, like the lads i booked with did. I feel lonely as Bamford right now, but, if i hadnt come , i guarantee id feel worse. Doesn’t help you tho. But if you mysteriously find yourself on a flight to Heraklion, with nowhere to stay, bell-me-yeah! ?

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not really surprised. Expected it last week

Hope it doesn't affect your holiday, like cutting it short or something. 

Might be best to stay out there a while, I bet it's a damn sight safer than the UK.

37 minutes ago, sage said:

How long have you been there?

Came out on Friday for two weeks

36 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Hope it doesn't affect your holiday, like cutting it short or something. 

Might be best to stay out there a while, I bet it's a damn sight safer than the UK.

Currently on the dole so no rush to get home. Literally been in isolation since March anyway!

Archived