Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/09/2020 at 14:57, FindernRam said:

Finally got my TUI deposit back after 4 months after several phone calls. Strange thing is they didn't tell me. Just saw the credit on my card.

Cruise money still outstanding after 5 months, but apparently its coming end of September. 

3 days in York doesn't have quite the attraction of a week in Lake Garda next week.

Was advised of my cancellation for Cape Verde in December less than 2 weeks ago and have received the refund already.With TUI also.

On 04/09/2020 at 08:11, angieram said:

You'll never do the Railway Museum in half a day. Takes a full day at least and then you'll want to pop back again just to check over a few things that you missed. ???

Been before many times so know what I want to look at, also she who must be obeyed is only tolerant of my train obsessions for so long.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

One of my favourite things is watching football in a Greek bar/taverna. Currently hoping Derby’s impotent attack doesn’t spoil the experience. 

I bet that performance got you smashing a few plates.

ay ay? Are you having that one Mostyn?

Me and the other half had a bit of a talk today and decided to cancel our holiday.

The unknown’s are too risky. Gutted.

As of today we would need to quarantine and her work isn’t best pleased as she’s used all her holidays so it would be unpaid, stands to lose £800 ish in wages.

Ryanair are still flying and the hotel is still open despite the government advising against none essential travel.

Having spoke to the holiday provider they are going week by week, if a week before the holiday the hotel and flights are still on we wouldn’t be entitled to any refund at all if we wished to cancel, but if we cancel before the 11th we have all our hotel money back and can rearrange the flights for a later date.

£150 out of pocket though in fees and transfers cancellation.

Didn’t want to find ourselves in a situation where the resort was on lockdown and curfew where we’re sat in the hotel room to then cost the missus £800 in time off work.

We also paid over £100 for the train to Manchester Airport, as I added the tickets to my iPhone wallet they are ineligible for a refund with trainline but we can reschedule the outgoing train so spending 4 nights in an apartment in Manchester instead. 

All a bit frustrating and gutting but when you stop to think about those that have lost their jobs or lives in this pandemic we’re trying not to get too down about it.

Still ducking gutted though.

44 minutes ago, David said:

Me and the other half had a bit of a talk today and decided to cancel our holiday.

The unknown’s are too risky. Gutted.

As of today we would need to quarantine and her work isn’t best pleased as she’s used all her holidays so it would be unpaid, stands to lose £800 ish in wages.

Ryanair are still flying and the hotel is still open despite the government advising against none essential travel.

Having spoke to the holiday provider they are going week by week, if a week before the holiday the hotel and flights are still on we wouldn’t be entitled to any refund at all if we wished to cancel, but if we cancel before the 11th we have all our hotel money back and can rearrange the flights for a later date.

£150 out of pocket though in fees and transfers cancellation.

Didn’t want to find ourselves in a situation where the resort was on lockdown and curfew where we’re sat in the hotel room to then cost the missus £800 in time off work.

We also paid over £100 for the train to Manchester Airport, as I added the tickets to my iPhone wallet they are ineligible for a refund with trainline but we can reschedule the outgoing train so spending 4 nights in an apartment in Manchester instead. 

All a bit frustrating and gutting but when you stop to think about those that have lost their jobs or lives in this pandemic we’re trying not to get too down about it.

Still ducking gutted though.

Isn’t Manchester on lockdown too? Pubs and stuff shut?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Positive. Go away with your fake news.

Enjoy the train ride, and get me the number.

Obviously they aren’t as safe as planes in respect of death/trips, but I’d definitely sit near the back as those carriages always remain up right.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Enjoy the train ride, and get me the number.

Obviously they aren’t as safe as planes in respect of death/trips, but I’d definitely sit near the back as those carriages always remain up right.

Talking of trains, have you seen you can go to Amsterdam on Eurostar now from London for just £40. Bargain.

Problem is it would cost me £180 to get the train down to London. 

Train companies are killing the trains.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Talking of trains, have you seen you can go to Amsterdam on Eurostar now from London for just £40. Bargain.

Problem is it would cost me £180 to get the train down to London. 

Train companies are killing the trains.

Thatchers Britain.  (No politics here), but she privatised it and it’s all about serving the shareholders.

But I agree, prices are stupid.

Just now, Boycie said:

Thatchers Britain.  (No politics here), but she privatised it and it’s all about serving the shareholders.

But I agree, prices are stupid.

Probably hiking the prices up more now less people will be going abroad for a while, just don't understand how Ryanair and the likes can fly you to say Dublin for £25 yet that will only get you 100 miles down the road on a train. 

Archived