Fifa Awards

Millenniumram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also find it funny that FIFA's captions make out like it was a must-win game for them to get automatic promotion and giving a goal back specifically stopped it, when in reality it was an absolute dead rubber game with Sheffield United 6 points and 14 goals better off than them before the game started with one game left to play.

5 minutes ago, JfR said:

I also find it funny that FIFA's captions make out like it was a must-win game for them to get automatic promotion and giving a goal back specifically stopped it, when in reality it was an absolute dead rubber game with Sheffield United 6 points and 14 goals better off than them before the game started with one game left to play.

Or that they'd been fairly dastardly in getting into the position that they then "played fairly"........

Outstanding examples of fair play in football according to FIFA:
2016: National Athletic - Conceded the final of the 2016 Copa Sudamericana to Chapecoense as a mark of respect to 19 of their players that died in a plane crash one week prior to the scheduled final
2017: Francis Kone - Saved the life of an opposition player by administering on-pitch first aid after he was injured in a collision
2018: Lennart Thy - Missed a match for his club VVV Venlo so he could donate blood to a Leukaemia suffer that urgently needed matching stem cells for treatment
2019: Leeds United - Sneakily used the injury of an opposition player to score a goal, provoking a brawl in which a Leeds player dived to get an opposition player wrongly sent off, before begrudgingly giving a goal back when their manager had a go at them

Truly brings a tear to the eye and reinstills your faith in humanity

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Looks like Phil Hay retweeted Bennett’s reaction of ’????’to his legion of followers. You know because he’s a responsible journalist with no sour grapes mentality. 

Got to feel for Mase: cheated out of a Puskas and now has to watch Leeds somehow win the Fair Play Award. Gianni Infantino must have took a personal dislike to him at some point.

Am I missing something?

How is Bernardo Silva not in the FIFA XI of the year?

Manchester City won a domestic treble and got to the last 8 of the Champions League, and Portugal won the Nations League. And he was involved in all of it.

I don't like Guardiola or City in the slightest, but if you are recognising him as one of the best coaches of the year, surely their players should be in the conversation for the best XI of the year too. Yet no sign of Sterling or Bernardo Silva.

How do Ramos, Marcelo and Modric figure in that team? Real Madrid finished 3rd in their league and got knocked out of the CL in the last 16. Spain and Croatia couldn't get out of the group in the Nations League. Marcelo didn't feature in the Copa America final.

This would have been my TOTY:

Alisson

Robertson - van Dijk - de Ligt - TAA

de Jong - Bruno Fernandes - Ziyech

Sterling - Ronaldo - B. Silva

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Am I missing something?

Manchester City won a domestic treble and got to the last 8 of the Champions League, and Portugal won the Nations League. And he was involved in all of it.

I don't like Guardiola or City in the slightest, but if you are recognising him as one of the best coaches of the year, surely their players should be in the conversation for the best XI of the year too. Yet no sign of Sterling or Bernardo Silva.

How do Ramos, Marcelo and Modric figure in that team? Real Madrid finished 3rd in their league and got knocked out of the CL in the last 16. Spain and Croatia couldn't get out of the group in the Nations League. Marcelo didn't feature in the Copa America final.

Alisson

That FIFA XI really is a shambles. Even if you take out personal opinion, a 4-man backline with 3 centre-backs and no right-back and Eden Hazard put in midfield when he's played only as a forward for the whole of last season are really odd decisions.

10 minutes ago, JfR said:

Got to feel for Mase: cheated out of a Puskas and now has to watch Leeds somehow win the Fair Play Award. Gianni Infantino must have took a personal dislike to him at some point.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the Leeds handbook and consider any slight against Derby County as a conspiract.

Bennett doesn’t get the puskas? ITS BECAUSE FIFA HATE Derby AND THEY REALLY ARE BOTHETED, EVEN THOUGH WE DONT CARE DESPITE HOW MUCH WE GO ON ABOUT IT

Just to make it worse, this happened in the game Bielsa has been given an award for Fair Play.

https://twitter.com/thevillazone/status/1122481300118622208?lang=en

17 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Am I missing something?

Alisson

No Messi?  That's going to need explaining ?

Archived