Derby fan for 40 years

Toppers

I have been a Derby fan for 40 years , I attended a school that had 1400 forest fans.You can imagine what it was like loosing to forest then on a Monday morning, taking the stick. I live in wales and attended the playoff finals , expected the result but had a good day.The manager is not the problem this season is going to be difficult,until January (hope he makes a difference).We only have 3 players who give 100%+ every game ,who do you think they are ? , please list and reply   

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Toppers said:

I have been a Derby fan for 40 years , I attended a school that had 1400 forest fans.You can imagine what it was like loosing to forest then on a Monday morning, taking the stick. I live in wales and attended the playoff finals , expected the result but had a good day.The manager is not the problem this season is going to be difficult,until January (hope he makes a difference).We only have 3 players who give 100%+ every game ,who do you think they are ? , please list and reply   

Why don't we cut to the chase and you tell us who the 3 players who try are.

I hate guessing games as you probably can tell 

I don't think effort is a problem. Who isn't trying? 

Roos just looks young and excitable. Not assured but this is his crash course.

Bogle, Keogh, Lowe, Malone, Davies? They seem to give the effort. Malone plays like he's having adrenaline pumped into him. If anything he needs some chill.

Bielik, Clarke? I don't see a lack of effort. They look like good players that need to be in a settled side that isn't putting them under constant pressure to defend and create attacks. 

Huddlestone? I just don't think his legs will carry him. 

Dowell, Jozefzoon? Just look unable to play at this level to any effect. 

Lawrence puts in effort but he seriously thinks he's far better than he is. 

Bennett? Again like Malone he has no chill. He thinks his pace and power are enough to solve anything. They ain't. 

Waghorn? He grafts but with his hopeless first touch, lack of final third pressure by the team he's finding himself chased out of town. Very rare does he get the defenders worried about him. He's defending the ball!

Marriott. What can he do? He wants to feed off final third pressure. Look for killer passes to latch on to. His making do with scraps. 

I'd blame a lack of appreciation of each others game before lack of effort. We are asking our defenders to do two thirds of the match while the likes Dowell look lost. Lawrence thinks he can duck about on his own, Jozefzoon is scared, Paterson and Bennett are kick and chase and are waiting for sticks to be thrown. Waghorn and Marriott just want to face the other way. 

And while we ask the backline to defend like Nesta and create like David Luiz we offer them a statue of Huddlestone as protection 

Hopefully Cocu can fix it.

To be honest I feel sorry for a good few of the players because they either can't get on the pitch because donkeys keep playing or they have to do their own job and clean up everyone else's poo

Keogh, Lowe, Bogle, Bielik, Clarke, Malone... these are players who are defenders asked to do far too much imo.

2 hours ago, Toppers said:

It's not a fact, it's your opinion, so why not fascinate us with it?

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I don't think effort is a problem. Who isn't trying? 

Roos just looks young and excitable. Not assured but this is his crash course.

Bogle, Keogh, Lowe, Malone, Davies? They seem to give the effort. Malone plays like he's having adrenaline pumped into him. If anything he needs some chill.

Bielik, Clarke? I don't see a lack of effort. They look like good players that need to be in a settled side that isn't putting them under constant pressure to defend and create attacks. 

Huddlestone? I just don't think his legs will carry him. 

Dowell, Jozefzoon? Just look unable to play at this level to any effect. 

Lawrence puts in effort but he seriously thinks he's far better than he is. 

Bennett? Again like Malone he has no chill. He thinks his pace and power are enough to solve anything. They ain't. 

Waghorn? He grafts but with his hopeless first touch, lack of final third pressure by the team he's finding himself chased out of town. Very rare does he get the defenders worried about him. He's defending the ball!

Marriott. What can he do? He wants to feed off final third pressure. Look for killer passes to latch on to. His making do with scraps. 

I'd blame a lack of appreciation of each others game before lack of effort. We are asking our defenders to do two thirds of the match while the likes Dowell look lost. Lawrence thinks he can duck about on his own, Jozefzoon is scared, Paterson and Bennett are kick and chase and are waiting for sticks to be thrown. Waghorn and Marriott just want to face the other way. 

And while we ask the backline to defend like Nesta and create like David Luiz we offer them a statue of Huddlestone as protection 

Hopefully Cocu can fix it.

To be honest I feel sorry for a good few of the players because they either can't get on the pitch because donkeys keep playing or they have to do their own job and clean up everyone else's poo

Keogh, Lowe, Bogle, Bielik, Clarke, Malone... these are players who are defenders asked to do far too much imo.

I love this totally random thread started with startling confidence and vigour by a new poster. 

First Roy's sarccy comment... then this really great reply from Alpha, which I totally agree with.

8 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

It's not a fact, it's your opinion, so why not fascinate us with it?

Then this... ?? very amusing.

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ah the old not giving 100% argument. Dull.

Classic reply.

C'mon @86 Schmokes & a Pancake... great pic, but feel there is more to come.

Felt things were getting a bit dull with same old debates but this slightly offbeat approach from @Toppers is enjoyable.  Orrr I am losing my marbles/drinking too much.

o/p I also attended a school with majority of Forest fans. My best mate, me and a couple of others were Derby fans. It would have been so easy to switch specially when Forest were winning cups + 2 Euro but we stayed loyal to the Rams! Keogh, Marriott and Waghorn seem to put in the effort.

4 hours ago, Toppers said:

Nice try Bris. Welcome back buddy.

5 hours ago, Toppers said:

Are you sure you attended? 

Archived