Jason Knight

deanoakaram4life

Was class today. Needs to be a regular starter for me. Ran his heart out and battled in the centre of the park. Buchanan and Lowe were also excellent. If your not aiming for the top two spots then blooding young players and sticking to a philosophy will get you there sooner rather than later. Up the Rams! 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to be careful with him. Make sure he gets enough minutes to develop without risking injury due to the step up to ‘mens’ football. 

Plenty of potential and neat and tidy play but also has some aggression and bite which was needed. 

Excited to see him progress with us. 

I thought he was terrific. Loved it when he smashed one of their senior players.

it just shows how horribly short we are, that he has gone from virtual unknown at wembley to arguably our best central midfielder in the blink of an eye. 

I think he will be even better than bogle, because he's got spunk.

Really rate him. He deserves a run in the side now to prove his worth, and I think Cocu will give him one. Was in my opinion our best midfielder today, did a wonderful tackle when he was tracking back, got around the pitch, put himself about, showed and was available for the ball. Great full league debut.

Nice in depth article on his debut here... 

https://www.the42.ie/jason-knight-Derby-county-feature-4781257-Aug2019/

The inside story of Jason Knight’s full Championship debut for Derby County. 

JASON KNIGHT FOUND out in Derby County’s team meeting an hour and a half before kick-off that he would be making his full league debut against West Bromwich Albion this afternoon... 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Really rate him. He deserves a run in the side now to prove his worth, and I think Cocu will give him one. Was in my opinion our best midfielder today, did a wonderful tackle when he was tracking back, got around the pitch, put himself about, showed and was available for the ball. Great full league debut.

Yeah but will Cocu give him a run in the side?

Showed great promise today, always wanted the ball never gave up, looks to have a good engine, it's great that we now have a manager who puts his faith into the young players, today we had Lowe, Buchan and Knight in the starting 11, Cocu is true to his word, if your good enough you shall be given a chance, how ever old you are, think Knight will play a big part in our season this year, this is why I am so excited, for this season young players coming through, buying good young talent like Bielik, and then later on in the season, a true super star in Rooney to come along, the young players will learn so much from players like Rooney, said it before will say it again , forget our start, something special is happening at DCFC.

Massively impressed. Think he has more than earned his place in the side going forward. 

The formation going forward still seems somewhat unclear, but if it's going to be a 4-3-3, then I'd like to see Knight in the middle with Holmes and Bielik. 

He reminded me loads of a young Bryson today - energy, desire, work rate but with a decent touch and didn’t seem scared of a tackle. And whilst he didn’t take the chance, he at least arrived in the box at the right time. Solid full debut - and lots of promise!

5 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

If you want my opinion I have seen Huddlestone and Hughes and he ain’t that good so don’t get too excited.

I think most fans on here have seen Huddlestone and Hughes, and both have done well especially Huddlestone who has played in the premiership with Spurs and Hull, also played for England, Hughes is still young and now playing in the premiership with Watford, and Knight has a good future ahead of him if he Carrys on learning under Cocu, has some luck with injuries, one thing Knight will do more than both Huddlestone and Hughes is scoring goals, you can see he has a eye for goal, but nothing wrong with getting excited, and time will tell how good he will become.

Archived