January 2020 transfer window

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I would prioritise Goalkeeper

Hart or Begovic - shame about Heaton's injury because I think Lovre Kalinic at Villa has had a rough time, They might still loan him with a recall as he seems to be 4th choice although it would be interesting to know why ? I believe he was Croatias number one when he went there and only 29.

Next Priority would be Central Defender

18 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Their number 5 the big black lad in defence was immense. We should really look to try get him in the summer to replace Davies. And Barnsley’s gk was good aswell. 

I thought he was a big unit but a donkey of a player. Spent most of the game trying to wrestle Waggys shirt off. There is definitely better out there. 

28 minutes ago, Louby said:

one player that I’ve always liked is Mckenna from Aberdeen. We are in need of defenders so maybe worth a go.

I've watched Aberdeen on the tellybox a couple of times (mainly due to the Cosgrove link) and have thought McLennan (20 year old winger, 6' tall, quick and with an eye for goal) warranted a closer look.  Maybe we could pick up the phone to their current number 7 and ask for an opinion on the pair?

Few suggestions I'd love to see:

CB: Happy to go for a signing like Carter-Vickers or Benkovic, but I'd love to see us try and sign Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from Manchester United. He can play as a centre-half or a right-back, providing cover for two positions, and looked decent on the ball whenever I saw him play for Fulham last season (granted that wasn't very much).

CM: I still feel like we need a creative option in the centre of midfield. Bielik needs someone to partner him in that double pivot and I don't want to see us heap a load of pressure on Max Bird just yet. Cocu did mention that we young players might come in, play a few games, drop out again, and then in again to make sure their progression into the first team is steady and over a sustained period. I'd love to see us try and bring in Marco Van Ginkel on loan from Chelsea. Cocu's former captain at PSV and would certainly cut it at this level. I don't think it would be too bad if we didn't recruit in this position, though. We have Bielik, Holmes, Shinnie, Bird and Huddlestone who can all play there. Knight, too.

RW: A very exciting signing for this position would be Mitchell van Bergen from Heerenveen. Impressive winger who loves to cut in on his left-foot. Only 20, so fits the mould of what we're trying to do. You can read an interesting scouting report about him here, if interested (https://footballbh.net/2019/12/30/mitchell-van-bergen-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/).  If we want to spend a bit more money, we might want to look at Steven Berghuis, who has probably been Feyenoord's best player this season. Brief spell at Watford didn't work out, but he has scored 44 goals in 106 games from the wing since returning their in 2016. 

ST: In the unlikely scenario that we get rid of Marriott, or just feel that we need to bring in a new striker seeing as Martin will probably be off in the summer, then I'd like to see us bring in someone who can provide some decent hold-up and link play, as well as score goals. Sam Lammers (PSV) is a really exciting young talent and is currently behind Malen in the pecking order there, though this is partly down to an injury sustained in August. Myron Boadu (AZ) is going to probably be the next big thing to come out of Holland. He would be pricey, and AZ won't want to sell while challenging for the title, but this would be an incredible (if unlikely) signing. Would certainly be opening to us signing someone like Sam Cosgrove, too, as long as he can get the link-up play right.

Sorry for the essay! 

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Few suggestions I'd love to see:

CB: Happy to go for a signing like Carter-Vickers or Benkovic, but I'd love to see us try and sign Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from Manchester United. He can play as a centre-half or a right-back, providing cover for two positions, and looked decent on the ball whenever I saw him play for Fulham last season (granted that wasn't very much).

CM: I still feel like we need a creative option in the centre of midfield. Bielik needs someone to partner him in that double pivot and I don't want to see us heap a load of pressure on Max Bird just yet. Cocu did mention that we young players might come in, play a few games, drop out again, and then in again to make sure their progression into the first team is steady and over a sustained period. I'd love to see us try and bring in Marco Van Ginkel on loan from Chelsea. Cocu's former captain at PSV and would certainly cut it at this level. I don't think it would be too bad if we didn't recruit in this position, though. We have Bielik, Holmes, Shinnie, Bird and Huddlestone who can all play there. Knight, too.

RW: A very exciting signing for this position would be Mitchell van Bergen from Heerenveen. Impressive winger who loves to cut in on his left-foot. Only 20, so fits the mould of what we're trying to do. You can read an interesting scouting report about him here, if interested (https://footballbh.net/2019/12/30/mitchell-van-bergen-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/).  If we want to spend a bit more money, we might want to look at Steven Berghuis, who has probably been Feyenoord's best player this season. Brief spell at Watford didn't work out, but he has scored 44 goals in 106 games from the wing since returning their in 2016. 

ST: In the unlikely scenario that we get rid of Marriott, or just feel that we need to bring in a new striker seeing as Martin will probably be off in the summer, then I'd like to see us bring in someone who can provide some decent hold-up and link play, as well as score goals. Sam Lammers (PSV) is a really exciting young talent and is currently behind Malen in the pecking order there, though this is partly down to an injury sustained in August. Myron Boadu (AZ) is going to probably be the next big thing to come out of Holland. He would be pricey, and AZ won't want to sell while challenging for the title, but this would be an incredible (if unlikely) signing. Would certainly be opening to us signing someone like Sam Cosgrove, too, as long as he can get the link-up play right.

Sorry for the essay! 

Some decent names, would love a foreign gem to sign! Think we need 1 or 2 from abroad 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Some decent names, would love a foreign gem to sign! Think we need 1 or 2 from abroad 

Happy for Derby to hire me as a Dutch football scout, if you're reading this Mel. 

I'm cheap, too! Just ask my missus. 

17 hours ago, Squid said:

You know its the transfer window when you get baalocks like this on your timeline.

imagine if there was any sort of legitimacy around this, would be incredible???

I'm off to Seville for 3 months on Tuesday so I'll ask him if I see him ?

Archived