How much is Rooney REALLY on?

Bilbo

Reports of £80k a week didn't sit right with me and I got bored on my commute to London so did some research...

When he moved to Everton from United he was on £300,000 a week with 2 years left on his contract. United paid £192,000 of this, with Everton picking up the remaining £102,000. 

When he moved to DC United, he had a year on his United (and Everton) contract and DC United picked up £42,000 from Everton, meaning last year he was being paid - 

£192,000 - Manchester United

£66,000 - Everton

£42,000 - DC United

His United and Everton contracts expired in June so now he's "only" getting his DC United wage, hence why he's able/willing to come back.

And to think Ikechi Anya is on £34k a week

This commute is long and I love Wayne Rooney.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Footballers and every working person reaches a stage in their life for the ability to earn the maximum income .He has passed his max and is on the downward slope as a player only.

Like many other players he his now looking to move into other areas to try and satisfy is income needs and ambitions this happens in all professions and working environments .Only time will tell if he succeeds.

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Won’t he be on what we and Rooney himself agreed to be paid ?

I was just responding to the several reports that his £80k a week wages at DC have been matched by Derby County, I guess.

Rooney has moved back to this country for family reasons and his people were the ones to contact us over a potential deal.

Not exactly a scenario where we'd have to pay him more than he was currently on at DC United.

I honestly couldn't give a poo though as the deal will more than pay for itself.

I'll judge him on his football ability alone.

The way this all ties in with the 32 Red sponsorship makes me think even if the sticker price on his wages is astronomical for the division, we're not going to be to badly out on it. I strikes me as a case of the Roony/32Red camp wanted to make this deal happen with a club in England and knew no championship clubs would just stump up based on his wages vs his contribution - so if not us, they'd have made it happen with someone else, I guess we made a convincing pitch on the coaching side, the manager and state the team is in (looking upwards).

Let's just assume any club being sponsored by 32Red could've ended up with this but Mel made it happen.

3 hours ago, Van De Squid said:

You need to ask Forest fans Leeds fans & Steve Gibson. They know more about Derby financial state than anyone else associated with Derby County! 

Or, even worse, the scum rag of gutter wipings that is The Sun. They accuse Rooney of 'selling his soul' to wear the 32 shirt in a claim that is the equivalent of Reggie Kray accusing Simon Cowell of being somewhat irritable.

Archived