Where will Rooney play?

Chester40

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would be great to have him as the transition man between defence and attack, with his passing range and his work rate he could easily sit midfield for us, otherwise chuck him upfront, his movement is still there just need someone to find him and if hudds is still in and around the 11 i would bet he could lay on some through balls.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Who cares, it's worth £80k a week just to shut down all those Chris Martin threads.

Rooney playing just of Martin ?

He'll sit in the middle of the park spraying 50 yard crossfielders all game. Oppo's will triple up on him creating wide open psaces for the rest of the team to exploit. Chris Martin will be drafted back in to fall over a lot and win us 5 -10 free-kicks a game, half of which Wazza will bury in one top corner or the other. Bielik will snap the spine of anyone attempting to roughhouse Wazza, the Stud will find inspiration, lose a stone and net 30 goals this season, half the current United 'faithful' will defect and become lifelong Rams and Uncle Phil will lead us to CL glory in 2021 with us smashing Citeh 6-1 in a the one-sided final ever seen.

What a time to be alive.

Bielik Shinnie

Bennett Rooney Lawrence

Marriott

Play him at 10, get a player like Shinnie doing the hard running in midfield and Bielik dictating play deeper, leave him with the attacking duties and he’ll shine in the Championship. One thing he’s got left is his attacking movement, that knack of being in the right place at the right time and playing with another striker. Him and Marriott would be such a deadly combination.

Villa fan in peace.

i comment a few times in the lead up to our game in May. It’s tough losing a playoff final, we did it 12 months previously. Since then you have also lost your manager which is also a bit rough. However, u have got Cocu in to replace Frank. Imo a far better manager than Frank will ever be, he was my first choice when we got Smith. You played some cracking football against a team just relegated from the PL and now you have pulled off the Championship transfer of the season in getting Rooney. He will be brilliant for you guys and will bring a great lift to the club in Jan for your final push to the auto promotion spots. Well done to Mel and Cocu for pulling that out of the bag.

Good luck this season and I hope you get promoted, I am just hoping we don’t pass you on the way back down next summer

4 minutes ago, Begley said:

Villa fan in peace.

i comment a few times in the lead up to our game in May. It’s tough losing a playoff final, we did it 12 months previously. Since then you have also lost your manager which is also a bit rough. However, u have got Cocu in to replace Frank. Imo a far better manager than Frank will ever be, he was my first choice when we got Smith. You played some cracking football against a team just relegated from the PL and now you have pulled off the Championship transfer of the season in getting Rooney. He will be brilliant for you guys and will bring a great lift to the club in Jan for your final push to the auto promotion spots. Well done to Mel and Cocu for pulling that out of the bag.

Good luck this season and I hope you get promoted, I am just hoping we don’t pass you on the way back down next summer

I’ve just read you’re buying Tom Lawrence...have you heard anything?

6 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I’ve just read you’re buying Tom Lawrence...have you heard anything?

Haven’t heard anything on that, I wouldn’t think it is true. If we buy any more players it will be a CF and a right wing. Isn’t Tom more left wing? We have signed ElGhazi and Trezeguet who are both left wing and I can’t see us signing a 3rd one. Everything I have read is that we are after Benrahma from Brentford.

I would say that links to Tom are clickbait as he scored two last night. Also, I am guessing Mel would tell us to F off or ask for absolutely crazy money to make it worth your while selling. 

Just one other thing on Tom L to Villa. Mel and Purslow (Villa CEO) are close personal friends. I just can’t see Villa coming in at the last minute with a cheeky bid to unsettled the player. Maybe if he played for Blues we might but not Derby ??

Archived