Four new signings before the window closes

Day

GK - Roos, Mitchell, Ravas... Potentially could see someone come in to compete with Roos or as backup
RB - Bogle, Wisdom - Can't see us getting anyone unless Wisdom won't be fit soon enough.
CB - Keogh, Clarke, Davies, Evans, (and various others filling in)... Won't sign any here
LB - Malone, Lowe, Forsyth, MacDonald... Won't sign anyone here
DM - Huddlestone, Bielik, Evans, Shinnie (if 4231), Bird, (and Thorne)... Won't sign anyone here
CM - Holmes, Dowell, Shinnie (if 433), Rooney (from Jan)... Won't sign anyone here
R/LW - Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Bennett, (and Anya), Likely to sign a right winger
CF - Waghorn, Marriott, Martin, (and Rooney from Jan)... won't sign anyone here.

RW is clearly our top priority. We'll get a GK if a good option pops up.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Disorganisation from which end? How do you know we're the problem? Other clubs could be waiting on replacements etc. Silly to rush to blame the club without context. 

Wolves were quite happy to let two wingers go out on loan because they  already had the replacements Unfortunately the replacements went to our rivals Leeds and Fulham. Bielsa is on record as saying he wanted to sign to wingers and he has them signed.

I take the point that Cocu hasn't had much time and he wanted to assess the squad. However the transfer deadline was known from the outset as were the identities and positions of the players who have left the club and the gaps in the squad.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

That makes the vast majority of clubs dis-organised then. Cocu came into a club where pre-season preparations had been turned upside down so he's needed time to assess the existing squad and see where the weaknesses were.

Stop being such a drama queen - it's not doing you any good.

Our rivals aren't dis-organized. They have by and large signed the players they wanted and some of those players were players we would have liked..

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why are people hitting the panic button already? Blimey, have a beer and relax. Panic at 16:55 when we haven't signed anyone but it’s a bit early yet

I'm with you. I expected the next meltdown to start after the transfer window is closed.... It's too early now!

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

Wolves were quite happy to let two wingers go out on loan because they  already had the replacements Unfortunately the replacements went to our rivals Leeds and Fulham. Bielsa is on record as saying he wanted to sign to wingers and he has them signed.

I take the point that Cocu hasn't had much time and he wanted to assess the squad. However the transfer deadline was known from the outset as were the identities and positions of the players who have left the club and the gaps in the squad.

Who gives a poo about the Wolves wingers? Who says we ever wanted them? Leeds and Fulham got them, good for them. You can't pick niche examples of players we probably weren't in for to begin with to berate the club. 

Yeah, they knew the deadline from the start. Sometimes it just isn't possible, could be waiting on other deals etc. We managed to sign Wayne Rooney, I think the club deserves a little bit of leeway on transfers, pretty confident they know what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Our rivals aren't dis-organized. They have by and large signed the players they wanted and some of those players were players we would have liked..

How do you get your insight to other clubs transfer targets just out of interest.

Which players that Cocu wanted have we missed out on? Can you please provide links to where Cocu has named individual players that we are after?

If we didn’t get anybody else, I would still be happy. We have brought in a fantastic defender, I believe a fantastic DM, a world class legend – past his prime but still the best player in this league and that incredible new signing Tom Lawrence… well admit it, if he continues like that then he is clearly a new signing under Cocu as that player has not played for Derby before!

Turn the clock back three weeks and I would have snatched your hand off for that little lot. In our last game, without two of those players we still manged to look better than most of last season and it was only the first game of the year.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Anyone else got a really bad feeling that we might end the day with nothing? I don't know why. Just a feeling I've got.

Everyone we are being linked with is either going somewhere else (Murphy, Diangana) or won't be allowed to leave by their parent clubs (Ibe, Locadia)

FWIW. Looking at our side. I think if we can only bring one in today then it had to be a winger. Going to January with Jozefzoon and Bennett as your options there is not good. For me a winger is a priority. 

Then a keeper. Just seen that we won't sign a keeper. Letting your best keeper leave and not signing a replacement is a bit daft. Don't get me wrong. Going into a season with Roos (who's barely proven at this level), Mitchell and Ravas who aren't proven at all is a bit of a risk to me. 

Then an attacking midfielder. I'd like one and do think we need one. But we've got Holmes coming back, plus I actually think Marriott could play there too. Not to mention Wazza will be here in January.

I feel the same buddy. I have this horrible feeling not getting a keeper in and at least another winger could cost us. @rammieib had similar concerns a few days ago. Of course Rooney is a fabulous player and one you cannot say no to but I hope it hasn’t convinced our board that we are now fine because we still haven’t replaced Wilson and Mount’s contributions and Carson leaving surely means we have to get another goalkeeper in. 

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Try reading the Derby Telegraph and listening to Steve Nicholson. They are the only sources I have.

It doesn't matter what you read.

Do you seriously think we try to sign every player linked to us in a newspaper?

Just take a look on the transfer thread.

We would probably have spent over £500m on 40 players.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How do you get your insight to other clubs transfer targets just out of interest.

Which players that Cocu wanted have we missed out on? Can you please provide links to where Cocu has named individual players that we are after?

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Who gives a poo about the Wolves wingers? Who says we ever wanted them? Leeds and Fulham got them, good for them. You can't pick niche examples of players we probably weren't in for to begin with to berate the club. 

Yeah, they knew the deadline from the start. Sometimes it just isn't possible, could be waiting on other deals etc. We managed to sign Wayne Rooney, I think the club deserves a little bit of leeway on transfers, pretty confident they know what they're doing.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They were both available and both are proven at Championship level. We were interested in the player who went to Fulham according to the Derby Telegraph.

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Weird to see the bed wetting isn't it considering, we just signed Wayne Rooney, we won our opening game, we have a world class coach and our record signing is being integrated into the team. 

Its not all bad - there are a couple of posters on this thread who have gone from thinking we're getting relegated to thinking we will now be languishing in midtable. Progress is progress.

They were both available and both are proven at Championship level. We were interested in the player who went to Fulham according to the Derby Telegraph.

Imagine taking ''interest'' reported in that rag as a cast iron sign. We are ''interested'' alongside 10 other top half championship clubs for every single championship transfer. Yet you're choosing to blame the club for missing out, as I say again, on players we were probably never in for. Proper bed wetting this.

So you are using 2 players to back up your point that other clubs have 'by and large signed the players they wanted and some of those players were players we would have liked..'?

Seriously, stop being a drama queen.

7 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Try reading the Derby Telegraph and listening to Steve Nicholson. They are the only sources I have.

You're the deadline day equivalent of Mr.Magoo walking intro traffic 

16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why are people hitting the panic button already? Blimey, have a beer and relax. Panic at 16:55 when we haven't signed anyone but it’s a bit early yet

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Weird to see the bed wetting isn't it considering, we just signed Wayne Rooney, we won our opening game, we have a world class coach and our record signing is being integrated into the team. 

Well said you two. However, even though the window closes at 5pm I'd expect our final announcements to come afterwards once all the paperwork is confirmed. So people shouldn't start panicking until at least 7pm. But I'll be surprised if the forum doesn't end the day buzzing.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you are using 2 players to back up your point that other clubs have 'by and large signed the players they wanted and some of those players were players we would have liked..'?

Seriously, stop being a drama queen.

I am not being a drama queen. We are short of forward players and there is no back up if Lawrence or Dowell sustain injuries.

Archived