Four new signings before the window closes

David

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Topram said:

Sounds like we’ve been piped to our winger targets 

Yes it does sound like that.

Would be a shame, signing Rooney is ace, but we need something now to get us through till January, I'm hoping we haven't put all our eggs in the Rooney basket and missed out on what we needed as a result.

Cocu knows what he wants and what he needs so hopefully business will still be done today.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes it does sound like that.

Would be a shame, signing Rooney is ace, but we need something now to get us through till January, I'm hoping we haven't put all our eggs in the Rooney basket and missed out on what we needed as a result.

Cocu knows what he wants and what he needs so hopefully business will still be done today.

How does it sound like that? Virtually every single signing we've made recently we haven't found out about until it's about to happen. If the powers that be have done anything, it's surely earned enough faith for one more day.

7 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Still got a feeling we’ll sign someone completely out of the blue, not quite as spectacular as Rooney but something unexpected

I had that feeling when Martin went to Fulham we signed Weale ?

It is disappointing that we are still trying to sign two players on transfer deadline day. Ryan Kent is going to Leeds. the West Ham winger is going to West Brom, Chelsea have done us no favours and we have Lawrence . Loon, and Anya as wingers.

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is disappointing that we are still trying to sign two players on transfer deadline day. Ryan Kent is going to Leeds. the West Ham winger is going to West Brom, Chelsea have done us no favours and we have Lawrence . Loon, and Anya as wingers.

Ryan Kent would have been a cracking signing, quite jealous he is going to Leeds.

If we are looking to buy players whose value could double then Kent would have been an astute signing.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ryan Kent would have been a cracking signing, quite jealous he is going to Leeds.

If we are looking to buy players whose value could double then Kent would have been an astute signing.

It was clear weeks ago that he wasn't returning to Rangers on loan. Why didn't we sign him? Liverpool have had three wingers who weren't going to make the first team squad-Ojo-gone to Rangers, Kent-transferred to Leeds ,and Wilson -Bournemouth on loan, and we have waited until today not to sign any of them!

16 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It's inevitable to take it down to the wire in modern football when you're after Premier League players and everything depends on those other clubs and who's coming in for them. 

It's a day to trust in the club. Am expecting a couple of people in. We'll know soon enough, but I'm confident we're working efficiently and quietly behind the scenes. There'll probably be a surprise - in a good way. Good time to be a Ram! 

It isn't the way to build a squad for a fifty plus game season. We have already missed the Wolves winger who has gone to Fulham and Wilson. Leeds wanted two wingers and have succeeded in making two quality signings. We have Loon and Anya who carry negligible threat.

Anyone else got a really bad feeling that we might end the day with nothing? I don't know why. Just a feeling I've got.

Everyone we are being linked with is either going somewhere else (Murphy, Diangana) or won't be allowed to leave by their parent clubs (Ibe, Locadia)

FWIW. Looking at our side. I think if we can only bring one in today then it had to be a winger. Going to January with Jozefzoon and Bennett as your options there is not good. For me a winger is a priority. 

Then a keeper. Just seen that we won't sign a keeper. Letting your best keeper leave and not signing a replacement is a bit daft. Don't get me wrong. Going into a season with Roos (who's barely proven at this level), Mitchell and Ravas who aren't proven at all is a bit of a risk to me. 

Then an attacking midfielder. I'd like one and do think we need one. But we've got Holmes coming back, plus I actually think Marriott could play there too. Not to mention Wazza will be here in January.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Anyone else got a really bad feeling that we might end the day with nothing? I don't know why. Just a feeling I've got.

Everyone we are being linked with is either going somewhere else (Murphy, Diangana) or won't be allowed to leave by their parent clubs (Ibe, Locadia)

FWIW. Looking at our side. I think if we can only bring one in today then it had to be a winger. Going to January with Jozefzoon and Bennett as your options there is not good. For me a winger is a priority. 

Then a keeper. Just seen that we won't sign a keeper. Letting your best keeper leave and not signing a replacement is a bit daft. Don't get me wrong. Going into a season with Roos (who's barely proven at this level), Mitchell and Ravas who aren't proven at all is a bit of a risk to me. 

Then an attacking midfielder. I'd like one and do think we need one. But we've got Holmes coming back, plus I actually think Marriott could play there too. Not to mention Wazza will be here in January.

Yep winger has been priority for weeks 

2 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Can we have the yellow ticker tape running across the top again today @David 

Got a few things to do today so won’t have time to run a up to date breaking news bar, if something happens and I’m around I will whack it up

Archived