Four new signings before the window closes

Day

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A couple of people have mentioned whispers about whispers to me. Would be happy about any of it. Can't talk about these things today soz.

Give us a clue! Is it Ibe & Batman? Is it Will?

IS IT WILL???

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A couple of people have mentioned whispers about whispers to me. Would be happy about any of it. Can't talk about these things today soz.

You know what @Carl Sagan, if you don't want to share your info with us (your friends), then fine. We don't even need you. We can get our own info thanks.

@BagRam any news?

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Letting  ourselves down here . Overall ok market but shame 

Don't worry; we're doing stuff. 

11 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I have a feeling we won't sign anyone today , I don't think cocu will sign someone if it's a last resort for their main targets falling through , got a feeling  we will go with what we have

Optimistic as ever lol ? 

4 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

MASON MOUNT...that's my optimistic guess.

There's a fair chance he's starting for Chelsea at the weekend. So no.

Edit - Barkley probably ahead of him as he's a bit more in form but Mount is likely to play this season. And I know we have Clarke but forget Tomori as well. Luiz is being sold to Arsenal and Tomori will be a backup.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Dowell - Shinnie, Holmes, Knight, Sibley, Rooney (from Jan) are all options as CMs or AMs
Lawrence - Bennett, Jozefzoon, Anya, Whittaker, Mitchell-Lawson, Wilson are all currently options as wingers

We can also adjust our setup to minimise the impact of the injury. Think 442 diamond if Lawrence is injured, or 4231 if Dowell is injured.

Shinnie is a defensive midfielder. Holmes is injured. Rooney is playing for DC United and if Knight and Sibley were good enough they would already be in the first team.

Jsefzoon, Bennett and Anya aren't good enough and won't replace Wilson's 18 goals.If Whittaker , Wilson and Mitchell-Lawson were good enough they would already be playing in the first team. I could stand on the wing to make up the numbers but I won't score 18 goals!

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

There's a fair chance he's starting for Chelsea at the weekend. So no.

Edit - Barkley probably ahead of him as he's a bit more in form but Mount is likely to play this season.

I'll settle for Drinkwater I suppose.

1 minute ago, Shang said:

Reading have apparently snagged KENEDY on loan from Chelsea. Could have done with a player like that...

I'm friends with a Newcastle fan who reckons Kennedy is absolutely dreadful. Not sure it would be an improvement on what we have.

Archived