Four new signings before the window closes

David

Just for information, once our window shuts we can still send players out on loan to Leagues One and Two or overseas (as can Premier League clubs). It's just that the Championship officials decided to align our division and transfer window with the opening of the Premier League campaign. 

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just for information, once our window shuts we can still send players out on loan to Leagues One and Two or overseas (as can Premier League clubs). It's just that the Championship officials decided to align our division and transfer window with the opening of the Premier League campaign. 

Interesting. Thanks.

Also can't youth loans be done at any time of the season anyway... regardless of transfer window?

TBH, I expect us to keep hold of our most talented youngsters until January. Most haven't played much U23 football yet, and they have a European campaign that they deserve to have a shot at before heading out on loan to League 1/2.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

We have to be the most attractive proposition outside the top flight. If we want them, they're coming.....

Also - All the complaints about players we've been linked with and "missed out on" - I've always thought they were nonsense - This week proves that for me

We don't miss out on transfer targets - *insert something about targets, Chuck Norris and Uncle Mel*

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Also - All the complaints about players we've been linked with and "missed out on" - I've always thought they were nonsense - This week proves that for me

We don't miss out on transfer targets - *insert something about targets, Chuck Norris and Uncle Mel*

Are you saying this might be the year we finally get Che Adams?

Voorm released by Tottenham. Was good at Swansea and in his occasional appearances for Spurs (I'm not one of those against Roos or Carson but others seem to be).

Welbeck released from Arsenal, can play wide right - if he's overcome his injury.

Walcott not playing much at Everton, will play even less if they get Zaha.

Well, we haven't had a signing in a while now have we? Really think we need to bring a big name in to kick the club on a bit - The morning papers were chock full of Derby but when I picked up the Evening Standard there wasn't even a sniff of it...

#shocking

#wheresoursignings

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Well, we haven't had a signing in a while now have we? Really think we need to bring a big name in to kick the club on a bit - The morning papers were chock full of Derby but when I picked up the Evening Standard there wasn't even a sniff of it...

#shocking

#wheresoursignings

Well Cocu said he wanted 2 more and that ae didn't want to be relying on transfer deadline day, so I would imagine he was expecting at least 1 signing today.

Hopefully we are in for a busy deadline day.

The links we have had today have either been dismissed or we have seemingly lost out on. Who knows whether there was ever anything in them or how hard we were pushing for them. 

To my mind we do probably need a bit more creativity in the middle of the pitch and a quality winger. For me, it would take the shine off the Rooney signing (still can't quite believe that is a thing!?!) a little if those areas were not covered in addition. Perhaps I'm just being greedy and unappreciative. 

I'm sure the club are working their fingers to the bone to try and make it happen. Just hope we aren't down to our third or fourth choice is all. We'll see...

Archived