Four new signings before the window closes

Day

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

The links we have had today have either been dismissed or we have seemingly lost out on. Who knows whether there was ever anything in them or how hard we were pushing for them. 

To my mind we do probably need a bit more creativity in the middle of the pitch and a quality winger. For me, it would take the shine off the Rooney signing (still can't quite believe that is a thing!?!) a little if those areas were not covered in addition. Perhaps I'm just being greedy and unappreciative. 

I'm sure the club are working their fingers to the bone to try and make it happen. Just hope we aren't down to our third or fourth choice is all. We'll see...

Yeah 3rd and 4th choices are normally when blackman and Butterfield get considered as worthwhile transfers ???

Yeah, no point signing anyone unless they are a marked improvement on what we have already.

Be nice to have a new right winger but JoFlo, Mason, Duane and Waggy can fill in there. And that's if we play a fixed 433. I suspect the formation will be more fluid in practice and we won't necessarily play with an out and out winger.

It’s not massively important to sign a right sided winger type at this time, we have jafoozon and Bennett who can play there not to mention Holmes and Waghorn does well there as well and we could even put Bogle there and he would do well in my opinion  

Doubt we’d be in for Reid- he’s a striker and that’s not a position we’re looking at even for a 4231 really, unless Martin goes I guess. They paid 10m if I recall and would likely want to recoup most if not all of that were they to sell. I’m sure they’ll be a battle for him if Cardiff want to sell, Bristol won’t find it easy to get him back, though I’d be surprised if Cardiff let go at all to be honest.

Well be still looking at wingers and centre mids I’m sure

With Rooney not set to play until January I just keep wondering if there's another signing we'd be willing to make now although they may not play for a while.  Wulfert Cornelius Van Ginkel may have knees like clams, and be out until Christmas but if he's fit then he is probably above anyone in this division.

Last year of his Chelsea contract so could come cheap but it would be a massive leap of faith and a gamble from Derby.  Just feel it might happen either sooner or later.

20 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Latest update being 1 maybe 2 more signings according to DET this morning. A right winger and 'possibly' an attacking midfielder. Certainly feel like the attacking midfielder is Ramslear, hence the 'possible' line from them. 

Isnt the squad getting a bit hefty without some outgoing deals?

mitchell, davies, bird, thorne, martin, anya, mcallister, forsyth, and macdonald could all go on permanents or loans without affecting the top 22....and thats before we sign any more. 

Roos, carson, bogle, wisdom, malone, lowe, keogh, evans, clarke, buchanan, bielik, shinnie, huddlestone, knight, dowell, sibley, jozefzoon, holmes, waghorn, marriott/rooney, lawrence, bennett

then again, i'm still half expecting marriott out (and would prefer a left footed attacking midfielder / winger than another right sided player)

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

mitchell, davies, bird, thorne, martin, anya, mcallister, forsyth, and macdonald could all go on permanents or loans without affecting the top 22....and thats before we sign any more. 

Roos, carson, bogle, wisdom, malone, lowe, keogh, evans, clarke, buchanan, bielik, shinnie, huddlestone, knight, dowell, sibley, jozefzoon, holmes, waghorn, marriott/rooney, lawrence, bennett

then again, i'm still half expecting marriott out (and would prefer a left footed attacking midfielder / winger than another right sided player)

Deadline doesn't apply to League 1 & 2, Scotland or most of Europe. Italy is 18th August. The rest is 1st Sept. There is therefore plenty of scope to shift players out after today. Just not in.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Mate Forest make about 30 signings every window, I think we're ok.

Archived