Four new signings before the window closes

David

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

The fact Sinclair wasn’t in Celtic’s squad yesterday suggests he can go. Is he right sided? 

He's right-footed, but plays predominantly on the left for Celtic because he loves cutting inside.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

Shinnie is a defensive midfielder.

DM in a 4231, or left CM in a 433. Still means he's an option in midfield if Dowell is injured.

Holmes is injured.

Yeah, and he will be back in training soon. We shouldn't be recruiting anyone to replace a very short term injury.

Rooney is playing for DC United

Until January. So we're only 'light' in midfield until then. We definitely won't be getting someone in for the full season

and if Knight and Sibley were good enough they would already be in the first team.

They're backup to the first team. Probably 5/6th choice options for us in the 'advanced' midfield spots.

Jsefzoon, Bennett and Anya aren't good enough and won't replace Wilson's 18 goals

Are the players in other positions incapable of scoring more than last season to make up for the loss? (Obviously ignoring any new signing in the next few hours)

If Whittaker , Wilson and Mitchell-Lawson were good enough they would already be playing in the first team.

Willfully ignorant of the fact they're currently 5th, 6th and 7th choice wingers for us? What do you expect?

I could stand on the wing to make up the numbers but I won't score 18 goals!

Zzzz...

I'm a big fan of Cocu's flippent transfer answers that always amount to "Someone else is handling that" - doesn't give anything away, rattles the fans; and so far we've completed every deal ? 

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

PC: "I’m optimistic. As we speak, we are working on transfers, so hopefully we can announce something in a few hours."

Very calm about it, as he always has been.

There must be deal(s) pretty close or you'd imagine he'd at least give a "not sure" kind of answer. Being "optimistic" with just over 2 hours to go suggests we've got one or two all but confirmed.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

DM in a 4231, or left CM in a 433. Still means he's an option in midfield if Dowell is injured.

Yeah, and he will be back in training soon. We shouldn't be recruiting anyone to replace a very short term injury.

Until January. So we're only 'light' in midfield until then. We definitely won't be getting someone in for the full season

They're backup to the first team. Probably 5/6th choice options for us in the 'advanced' midfield spots.

Are the players in other positions incapable of scoring more than last season to make up for the loss? (Obviously ignoring any new signing in the next few hours)

Willfully ignorant of the fact they're currently 5th, 6th and 7th choice wingers for us? What do you expect?

Zzzz...

So you have just proven that we don't adequate cover should Dowell or Lawrence sustain an injury. In addition you have proved the alternatives aren't good enough-which is why we need to sign two players today.

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

You know what @Carl Sagan, if you don't want to share your info with us (your friends), then fine. We don't even need you. We can get our own info thanks.

@BagRam any news?

Sorry - didn't know whether to post or not. I just hated the thought of the forum going into meltdown because people think nothing's happening (ignoring we've also signed four good players this window already anyway). Things are happening. I like the way we're quietly trying to do our business - evidenced by getting Rooney far enough down the line before anyone else heard so they couldn't hijack it. Keep the faith! ???

48 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My embedded link has clearly failed (I think it runs by the hour). Just go to YouTube and search SkySports and you'll find it playing.

lol....I could only find a live stream of some Chelsea fan sitting in his bedsit casting the SSN screen and providing a voiceover.

I got out before I was overcome by the waves of sadness......?

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

lol....I could only find a live stream of some Chelsea fan sitting in his bedsit casting the SSN screen and providing a voiceover.

I got out before I was overcome by the waves of sadness......?

Was it Jody Morris' snapchat?

49 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

So you have just proven that we don't adequate cover should Dowell or Lawrence sustain an injury. In addition you have proved the alternatives aren't good enough-which is why we need to sign two players today.

We need to sign two players today because I'm got hooked on exciting transfer activity 

I really don't care who now either - In Cocu we trust

Archived