No transfer news

Terry p

11 minutes ago, Terry p said:

So thanks for all those you’ve just proved my point there is no news but there’s a lot of good comedians around my favourite was the terrapin and turtle disaster and of course the woman with the big fish but please if there is anybody with any news or hope for the forthcoming season please let me know.

a few figures which to my mind seem interesting 2.5 million from transfers so far incoming 4-6 million from lampard leaving 5 from playoff final totalling approx 13.5 million plus the wages of a lot of big earners off the balance sheet nothing spent other than wages on the loanee what is going on

I appreciate what you say....but surely this just reflects a change in philosophy. And we are addressing concerns most sensible people would have....i.e.  ...

We have thrown money at this before and failed. We have paid over the odds for players. We have given overly long contracts. We have had a bloated squad. We have let players go on the cheap. We have a revolving door policy on managers which has led to conflicting styles and exacerbated the problems above.

So.... now, we are getting rid of excess players, making sure we give youth a chance, not adding numbers for the sake of it and planning a long term future with someone who will have money in the bank as and when be needs it. Think we need to hold our nerve,not be held to ransom for players and build steadily.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre warning, this article was written by a Forest fan. 

https://www.football365.com/news/look-to-Derby-for-proof-of-the-championships-hard-reset

Covers the Championship transfer activity quite well and why I’m fairly comfortable with what we have. 

I haven’t fact checked his figures but last summer £201m spent in the Championship, this year so far only £66m has been spent which I personally think is a good thing.

This league has needed to stop the madness for a while as it’s not sustainable. 

No better timing for the academy to start producing.

37 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

5 signings not gonna happen tbh, 3 if we are very very fortunate. GK and CB my main worries

It's all a worry for me mate. We've lost Johnson, Mount and Bryson from midfield and signed Shinnie and Dowell. So still one light. Plus we haven't replaced Wilson.

Agree though CB and a GK are massive. Can right the season off if we don't get that.

Surely Cocu wouldn't have took the job if he wasn't gonna be able to replace the players we have lost?

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

By now Cocu should know what we already knew- Anya and Martin aren't upto it. Thorne will never be fit enough. Tomori ,Wilson, Bryson and Johnson need replacing , Davis is solid but slow as is Huddlestone. We need a new goalkeeper.

I don’t think it’s fair to say Anya and Martin aren’t up to it - Anya hasn’t played basically and I am not his biggest fan but he could be a good sub and Martin can play very well with the right type of players in the team and again a decent option to have because waghorn will not be starting up front as frequently as some would like. Davies is coming back from an injury which kept him out for a season - now wilson needs replacing hopefully by Wilson himself 

8 minutes ago, David said:

https://www.football365.com/news/look-to-Derby-for-proof-of-the-championships-hard-reset

Covers the Championship transfer activity quite well and why I’m fairly comfortable with what we have. 

I haven’t fact checked his figures but last summer £201m spent in the Championship, this year so far only £66m has been spent which I personally think is a good thing.

Wasn’t most of that ‘missing spending’ the fact that Aston Villa are not in the championship anymore?

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say Anya and Martin aren’t up to it - Anya hasn’t played basically and I am not his biggest fan but he could be a good sub and Martin can play very well with the right type of players in the team and again a decent option to have because waghorn will not be starting up front as frequently as some would like. Davies is coming back from an injury which kept him out for a season - now wilson needs replacing hopefully by Wilson himself 

Both Garbage, thorne is a crock, cant wait for all of them to leave end of this season

6 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Both Garbage, thorne is a crock, cant wait for all of them to leave end of this season

Leave at the end of the season they may do but we are paying them well so let’s use them if our manager believes they are the best selection choice 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wasn’t most of that ‘missing spending’ the fact that Aston Villa are not in the championship anymore?

Villa only spent £7.29m last summer, had they stayed down this £66m figure could possibly have been lower as they were really in trouble financially.

59 minutes ago, Terry p said:

So thanks for all those you’ve just proved my point there is no news but there’s a lot of good comedians around my favourite was the terrapin and turtle disaster and of course the woman with the big fish but please if there is anybody with any news or hope for the forthcoming season please let me know.

a few figures which to my mind seem interesting 2.5 million from transfers so far incoming 4-6 million from lampard leaving 5 from playoff final totalling approx 13.5 million plus the wages of a lot of big earners off the balance sheet nothing spent other than wages on the loanee what is going on

Ah, you're  a good lad Terry. Taken the ribbing like a DCFC Fans old pro. Fair play to you. Unfortunately, with Chelski messing about and taking forever to confirm Lamps, the new gaffer and his team have only had a relatively short time to have a look at what they've already got. Louis SIbley for instance, they've only seen around 30 minutes outside of training games and I think they are doing the smart thing and waiting until they've given everyone a run-out before deciding finally on firm transfer targets.

I've a strong suspicion we'll see around 3 more in this window but I think those expecting half a dozen in will be wringing their hands early this season as Cocu seems a long way from impulsive to me and will not try to solve every problem in a single window. Furthermore, our kids have probably given him a proper headache as to my mind at least, a few have been excellent. Decisions, decisions! It's not a bad problem to have really, is it?

Anyway, welcome to the forum and glad you liked my fitty with a big fish gif. It always makes me laugh though I've no idea why! ?

COYR

10 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I think it is fair to say all three are on the periphery of the squad and are probably surplus to requirements. It is rumoured we are paying Anya £25k per week. I am sure on that basis Rowett, and Lampard would have played him had he been deemed good enough. We aren't the only team to have squandered money on players who aren't up to it. Villa have done the same (£10million for Ross McCormick among others) and Wednesday also signed ex Watford players such as Abdi and Pudil who didn't do much.

Cocu has a right to make his own decisions but I believe he will reach the same conclusions as his predecessors with regards to Anya, Martin and Thorne.

Villa may not have spent a huge amount in terms of transfer fees and certainly John McGuinn was a ngreat purchase. However they had already spent millions on Ross McCormick (£10 million), Scott Hogan, Connor Hourihan, James Chester . Their five loan players certainly wouldn't have come cheap either.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Tongue in cheek David Tongue in cheek 

Can’t get me like that this early, not even got out of bed yet!

When it comes to Villa it’s hard to know when people are being serious, I think some genuinely believe they “pinched” all our targets because newspapers threw our name in the same sentence as them.

Sense a little hostility towards them, wanting them to crash and burn, beating us at Wembley didn’t help.

Well hasn't Cocu said "We're looking at good options and players who could give something extra to our team...no names, because it's not certain yet, hopefully before we go into the last week of preparation..."

Patience needed (our new winger!).

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Villa may not have spent a huge amount in terms of transfer fees and certainly John McGuinn was a ngreat purchase. However they had already spent millions on Ross McCormick (£10 million), Scott Hogan, Connor Hourihan, James Chester . Their five loan players certainly wouldn't have come cheap either.

Loan players are not long term commitments, the article covers Championship clubs tightening their belts. Yes in previous seasons they spent big, so have we, but it had to end before we started to lose clubs. 

In terms of transfer activity this might go down as the least entertaining window for a long time, but it’s what this league needed. 

The timing is perfect for us as I don’t see 6 clubs which I would say we have absolutely no chance of competing with. 

Fulham and West Brom look strong but outside of that it should be fairly open. 

Down the road Forest are doing what Forest do best, quantity over quality. 

43 minutes ago, David said:

Good article ,didn't know they had any intelligent fans.

1 hour ago, Terry p said:

Come on Terry. Wait!

Perhaps there's No Transfer News because Derby have finally learnt that signing random players just doesn't  work when your trying to build a team, in fact it makes the position a whole lot worse, in that we've spent our transfer money and have a player that that doesn't fit in and who isn't performing and who is on a long contract on high wages.

A player can be either an asset or a liability, lets try and avoid the Liabilities. 

Archived