No transfer news

Terry p

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why do we need to do anything, your sense of self entitlement is making you sound like a Leeds fan now.

Just remember the number of seasons we've been in the Championship for maybe we've found our natural level.

God that is so not what Tyler Durden would say. 

I said in another thread that I think we need four more: GK, CB, CM & WF. 

GK - I could be wrong, but we don't seem settled. Carson is seemingly available and injured. Roos & Mitchell seem more supporting cast than main man, certainly for a team looking for promotion. We need a system fit goalkeeper, so it's a difficult one. 

CB - we lack pace at centre half. Tomori was a great fit because he ticked so many boxes, but unfortunately it looks like he's not coming back. Evans has shown promise, plus Davies, Wisdom & Buchanan can all come into the team. Ideally, we need a Tomori crossed with Davies. 

CM - I think this could well be our biggest requirement. We need someone with a bit of presence, not necessarily someone defensive, but someone with a bit of height, someone who will look for the ball. Huddlestone & Thorne won't last a full season. Bird just isn't ready yet. 

WF - We don't have enough goals from wide positions, so that needs to be addressed. 

It's effectively replacing Wilson, Tomori, Carson & Johnson.  

Not concerned in the slightest actually pleased with our squad so far and the way Cocu's going about it. Actually looking at every player and everyone's best roles . 

Shinnie was Frank's signing and I don't 100 % think Cocu would have signed him . So to see we've not signed the likes of Walton , Todd and whoever else we were linked with under Frank is good news it means we're actually looking at players for the way we want to play. 

Cocu just said on sky he's hopeful to get a few players in "before the last week of preparations", so I'd assume he wants some movement before tuesday (as Monday will probably be a rest or at least quieter training day after Sunday)

there’s been lots of ins and outs...21 now in the 60 days since the play off final

- 19 out, 2 in (Shinnie, Dowell - loan)

updates thanks to Kellan Gordon’s move to Mansfield:

Loans Gone back 4 - Mount, Wilson, Tomori, King 

Sold 3 - Johnson, Thomas, Delap, 

Released 12 - Bryson, Blackman, Nugent, Elsnik, Pearce, Ollson, Cole, Ambrose, Eyoma, Karic, Rashid, Gordon. 

think a few more to go before the window closes on the 8th of August - Butterfield, Carson sale entering last year of contract or another keeper (Mitchell ?) on loan, Wisdom, a left back on loan (McDonald ?), McCallister another spell at St Mirren loan ? 

we’ve been saying for ages we needed a clear out, well now we have one. 

See the u-23 thread for one possible in, Hector-Ingraham our penalty winning and goal scoring trialist. 

By now Cocu should know what we already knew- Anya and Martin aren't upto it. Thorne will never be fit enough. Tomori ,Wilson, Bryson and Johnson need replacing , Davis is solid but slow as is Huddlestone. We need a new goalkeeper.

I wasn't worried at all. But the season starts a week on Monday and there's not even a sniff of any new signings at all. Last night highlighted where we could be with a few injuries.

Still think we are 5 signings short. 

Goalkeeper, Centre Back, Defensive Mid, Attacking Mid and a winger.

Think we need those to be competitive.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I wasn't worried at all. But the season starts a week on Monday and there's not even a sniff of any new signings at all. Last night highlighted where we could be with a few injuries.

Still think we are 5 signings short. 

Goalkeeper, Centre Back, Defensive Mid, Attacking Mid and a winger.

Think we need those to be competitive.

5 signings not gonna happen tbh, 3 if we are very very fortunate. GK and CB my main worries

So thanks for all those you’ve just proved my point there is no news but there’s a lot of good comedians around my favourite was the terrapin and turtle disaster and of course the woman with the big fish but please if there is anybody with any news or hope for the forthcoming season please let me know.

a few figures which to my mind seem interesting 2.5 million from transfers so far incoming 4-6 million from lampard leaving 5 from playoff final totalling approx 13.5 million plus the wages of a lot of big earners off the balance sheet nothing spent other than wages on the loanee what is going on

Archived