No transfer news

Terry p

44 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Having watched this interview I have to say what a disgrace it is that we have been made to play a game in an aviary. What next Kilmarnock away in a butterfly house? Poor preparation if you ask me. 

I hate birds, as soon as I walked into the ground I saw a flock of seagulls, and I ran.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Completely agree mate. Don't kid yourself, expectation at Derby is sky high. If we're sitting in tenth come end of the season, I can tell you most won't be satisfied. 

We were one game away from the premier League and fell agonisingly short. Granted that was with a couple of quality loans but we should be pushing for promotion again. I don't expect to go up but I do expect to be there or there abouts. 

We ought to be looking to progress from the previous season, so I would see no reason why we shouldn't be looking for promotion to the PL.

16 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Having watched this interview I have to say what a disgrace it is that we have been made to play a game in an aviary. What next Kilmarnock away in a butterfly house? Poor preparation if you ask me. 

One flew over the Cocu's nest??

15 hours ago, europia said:

We ought to be looking to progress from the previous season, so I would see no reason why we shouldn't be looking for promotion to the PL.

No doubt every other team that remained in the championship from last season will be looking to progress, every team that came down from the premier will be looking to bounce straight back up and every team coming up from league 1 will be looking to make a surprise impact. So, there are plenty of reasons why we may not improve.

Sounds like we’re probably just waiting for paperwork on a few deals, good news we’re finally looking likely to be getting some players in to build a squad with some actual quality in. I reckon we’ll see a signing tonight (Clarke) and another tomorrow, at a guess. About time we got our arses into gear, dunno why it’s taken this long if there’s any permanents, hope we can get everything wrapped up that we need to. I reckon we’ll have a new centre half, CDM, and right winger in before the end of the week if all goes to plan. Let’s hope it does. Be interesting to see which if any positions we get perms in, and if there’s any decent ones left at this stage as we’ve left it quite late. Good time for loans mind.

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like we’re probably just waiting for paperwork on a few deals, good news we’re finally looking likely to be getting some players in to build a squad with some actual quality in. I reckon we’ll see a signing tonight (Clarke) and another tomorrow, at a guess. About time we got our arses into gear, dunno why it’s taken this long if there’s any permanents, hope we can get everything wrapped up that we need to. I reckon we’ll have a new centre half, CDM, and right winger in before the end of the week if all goes to plan. Let’s hope it does. Be interesting to see which if any positions we get perms in, and if there’s any decent ones left at this stage as we’ve left it quite late. Good time for loans mind.

Boris? ?

On 26/07/2019 at 07:45, Terry p said:

So thanks for all those you’ve just proved my point there is no news but there’s a lot of good comedians around my favourite was the terrapin and turtle disaster and of course the woman with the big fish but please if there is anybody with any news or hope for the forthcoming season please let me know.

a few figures which to my mind seem interesting 2.5 million from transfers so far incoming 4-6 million from lampard leaving 5 from playoff final totalling approx 13.5 million plus the wages of a lot of big earners off the balance sheet nothing spent other than wages on the loanee what is going on

Sorry, old goat head on ! ..... Just have a little patience, consider, a club that has been spending 12 million pounds a year (in round figures ) over and above its income for the last 3 or 4 years needs to have a big think. Mel is wealthy but he isn’t a bottomless pit or Santa’s younger brother, and there are FFP rules. I suspect the departures have gone a long way to removing a number of millstones but settlement and compensation will not have been cheap. It isn’t all in the plus column. 

Realistically I suspect we will have one late permenant signing and maybe a couple of loans. Like a country, the credit card is maxed out. We might want lots of things to make life better but we have to be able to afford them - unless you want to go down Bolton’s route 

Cocu is keeping cards close to his chest, contracts are discussed in private, feelers put out, enquiries made. The world of football might be a rumour mill but the tough stuff isn’t bandied about on social media and forums like ours. It never will be it is a business.

keep your powder dry ....... or put a bug in Mel’s or Phil’s office and accept the consequences as in a visit from plod. 

Oh and join in with the banter and puns. It helps pass the time before our mega signing tomorrow ( I can’t tell you who because i’d Get in trouble )

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Sorry, old goat head on ! ..... Just have a little patience, consider, a club that has been spending 12 million pounds a year (in round figures ) over and above its income for the last 3 or 4 years needs to have a big think. Mel is wealthy but he isn’t a bottomless pit or Santa’s younger brother, and there are FFP rules. I suspect the departures have gone a long way to removing a number of millstones but settlement and compensation will not have been cheap. It isn’t all in the plus column. 

Realistically I suspect we will have one late permenant signing and maybe a couple of loans. Like a country, the credit card is maxed out. We might want lots of things to make life better but we have to be able to afford them - unless you want to go down Bolton’s route 

Cocu is keeping cards close to his chest, contracts are discussed in private, feelers put out, enquiries made. The world of football might be a rumour mill but the tough stuff isn’t bandied about on social media and forums like ours. It never will be it is a business.

keep your powder dry ....... or put a bug in Mel’s or Phil’s office and accept the consequences as in a visit from plod. 

Oh and join in with the banter and puns. It helps pass the time before our mega signing tomorrow ( I can’t tell you who because i’d Get in trouble )

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Was thinking more Theresa, we need to be more strong and stable

I've been married to a Teresa for 20+ years now.

If it's an impregnable defense you're looking for, she's perfect.

Archived