No transfer news

Terry p

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, BagRam said:

https://twitter.com/eredivisiemike/status/1154711423693594624?s=21

Cocu ruling out the chance of signing anyone form Psv 

Appointing Cocu people were expecting a Orange shirt and a influx of Dutch players with PSV links, put my thoughts across at the time saying I couldn't see it, any Dutch imports would come further down the line and we would most likely be working off the list of targets that Lampard and the scouts will have worked on.

Not saying we won't pick up anyone that wasn't on Lampard's list, but would imagine that will form the bulk of targets. Clubs don't just hear about a player going in the paper and decide to join in, they build up a profile, both on and off the pitch to make sure they will fit in with the squad.

49 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just to add my 2 pennies. I am really pleased with the way that Cocu has gone about his business. The worst thing possible would have been for him to rush in like a bull in a china shop and make sweeping changes and loads of signings in the first 5 minutes. He has taken the time he needed to assess a big squad and given everyone a chance in the friendlies. He is now in a much better position to make decisions that will affect the Rams in years to come and make the right signings in the areas we need to strengthen. Hopefully this will avoid spending more cash and resources on players that aren't what we need. I expect 3 or 4 signings over the coming 7-10 days......

Spread betting but I am going for 2-3 signings 

good post by the way 

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just to add my 2 pennies. I am really pleased with the way that Cocu has gone about his business. The worst thing possible would have been for him to rush in like a bull in a china shop and make sweeping changes and loads of signings in the first 5 minutes. He has taken the time he needed to assess a big squad and given everyone a chance in the friendlies. He is now in a much better position to make decisions that will affect the Rams in years to come and make the right signings in the areas we need to strengthen. Hopefully this will avoid spending more cash and resources on players that aren't what we need. I expect 3 or 4 signings over the coming 7-10 days......

Great post @Jimbo Ram ! Should be compulsive reading for the “wrist slashers” out there, especially the ones on Facebook!

7 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

I'm going to take the plunge and say that i am honestly a little bit worried for the season ahead.

Dowell is in no way a replacement for Mount or Wilson and would have been a good addition if we already had 2 players of their calibre.

We made a lot of basic defensive errors last season and we have lost our player of the year from that defensive unit.

Cocu has had 2 weeks? To get the players back up to fitness. It will be very hard to also put across his philosophy had have everybody singing from the same hymn sheet in that time.

At this moment in time i am expecting a very slow start and a 10th to 14th finish, which i suppose isn't all that much of a disaster. 

We are well and truly back to square one (Nigel Clough days) which is exciting and worrying in equal measure.

Sorry if this comes across as negative. I just hope fans aren't expecting us to be flying from the off because we have a very good foreign coach. It will take time. As long as we set out on a path and stick to it, i will be content.

Finally someome who talks a bit of sense on here,totally agree this could be a poor season in terms of position in the league compared to being on the fringe of promotion over the last few years.We need a decent keeper and central defender and find someone who gets us the goals and assists that Harry Wilson got last season 

Worry is that we are leaving signings so late. Derby TV have reminded us that JM was signed a year ago today and we know that he suffered due to a lack of pre season.

We have lost a lot of big players from last season, and imo haven’t replaced them as yet, we once again have a new manager and it is going to take time for him to implement his own style let alone trying to embed new players in a week, therefore we could be in for a difficult season.

Maybe the inability to find the right investment is the reason, right players not being available, or we are waiting for certain players, whatever it is, let’s hope the new manager is given time by both the fans and the chairman this season.

35 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Worry is that we are leaving signings so late. Derby TV have reminded us that JM was signed a year ago today and we know that he suffered due to a lack of pre season.

We have lost a lot of big players from last season, and imo haven’t replaced them as yet, we once again have a new manager and it is going to take time for him to implement his own style let alone trying to embed new players in a week, therefore we could be in for a difficult season.

Maybe the inability to find the right investment is the reason, right players not being available, or we are waiting for certain players, whatever it is, let’s hope the new manager is given time by both the fans and the chairman this season.

The new manager has to be given tine by the fans, no use shouting our mouth off after 6 - 10 matches if they are not meeting our expectations, then again there are those who expect instant success. I am sure Mel will/is expecting a slow start otherwise he wouldn't have handed out a 4 year contract

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Problem with Marriott was that the transfer dragged on meaning they didnt want to risk injury and lose a big sale. Any signing we make now will have had a preseason at their current club, quite possibly a longer & better preseason than if he was here at the start of ours

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Anyone is available at the right price a lesson we are still learning from the acquisitions of Butterfield and Johnson.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

The new manager has to be given tine by the fans, no use shouting our mouth off after 6 - 10 matches if they are not meeting our expectations, then again there are those who expect instant success. I am sure Mel will/is expecting a slow start otherwise he wouldn't have handed out a 4 year contract

The fans won’t though, you only have to look at this forum when we dropped out of the top 6 last year, sack him, players don’t care etc threads popping up straight away. Probably the minority, but that was when we were challenging for promotion!

On 25/07/2019 at 17:44, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How do you transfer potential energy into kinetic energy ?

well potential energy is energy that is not in motion and kinetic energy is energy in motion and the only way to transfer potential energy into kinetic energy is to make something move.

That's as exciting as it's probably gonna get this transfer window

Hope it helps .

It's a bit like how Dirty Leeds play football - kick anything that moves. And if it doesn't move, kick it until it moves, then kick it.

On 25/07/2019 at 16:34, atherstoneram said:

We can speculate as to potential transfers but having information on potential transfers is another matter, from what i can gather PC likes to play his cards very much close to his chest so i imagine we won't know anything until the deal is done

Oi! He said no jokes or puns.

Archived