The Next Meltdown?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, admira said:

Definitely not making any signings - it's already started!

OUT: Wilson. Mount, Tomori, Bryson, Thomas, Johnson, Olssen, King, Nugent, Ambrose, Pearce, Blackman, probably Butterfield and possibly Carson.

IN: Shinnie and Dowell.

The future's in the youth. 

Who is Ambrose?  Is he George Thorne? 

I wouldn’t say people are having a melt down on that thread. I just think people are realising that our expectations are probably higher than where they should be.

It’s been a fair few years since I didn’t think we could make the play offs but this season at this very point I think it would be a big ask.

I’m not angry about it, if anything I’m looking forward to seeing some youth players given a chance and if that means we end up missing the play offs this year then I’m not too concerned.

After relying on the game thread for updates, my expectations for this season have gone from top 6 to something above bottom 6.

Fortunately I reckon Cocu will see through our lame ducks and bring in decent loans, bin off those that will never make it and we’ll be alright come end of season.

Thus no meltdown, just realism we’re not quite right yet.

Yeah. Not sure I’ve classed Derby supporters as folks who have periodic meltdowns; but more a group of people on one continuous whinge with brief moments of collective hope.  

I disagree with this method, and hope for folks to put a little more thought into the team/players/process...but alas...many times it’s just baseless concern, overlaid with frantic desperation that inevitably leads to the common ‘if you think this team has any chance, you need to be looked at’ type of comment.  No thought, no suggestions, no value.

a little more thought, a little more effort to understand the scenario, probably lead to less toy throwing, and a better discussion around the club.  

This is going to be a fun season. We will actually get to see who our players are.  Then we address and move forward in the winter and next summer.  Some players will meet the challenge, some won’t.  But we will have answers. And that’s exciting! 

coyr

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

I wouldn’t say people are having a melt down on that thread. I just think people are realising that our expectations are probably higher than where they should be.

It’s been a fair few years since I didn’t think we could make the play offs but this season at this very point I think it would be a big ask.

I’m not angry about it, if anything I’m looking forward to seeing some youth players given a chance and if that means we end up missing the play offs this year then I’m not too concerned.

Nora bad post that mi owd 

38 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Yeah. Not sure I’ve classed Derby supporters as folks who have periodic meltdowns; but more a group of people on one continuous whinge with brief moments of collective hope.  

I disagree with this method, and hope for folks to put a little more thought into the team/players/process...but alas...many times it’s just baseless concern, overlaid with frantic desperation that inevitably leads to the common ‘if you think this team has any chance, you need to be looked at’ type of comment.  No thought, no suggestions, no value.

a little more thought, a little more effort to understand the scenario, probably lead to less toy throwing, and a better discussion around the club.  

This is going to be a fun season. We will actually get to see who our players are.  Then we address and move forward in the winter and next summer.  Some players will meet the challenge, some won’t.  But we will have answers. And that’s exciting! 

coyr

Don't be coming on here trying to fuddle us with your pesky reason and logic mate. If you can't ducking panic you're a red.

Archived