Kieran Dowell - Loan terminated; sent to Wigan

BagRam

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the only team to offer what Everton really wanted in terms of a loan fee so that got it over the line ahead of Huddersfield and Wigan. No indication of what we’re paying, but it’s only a loan so can’t be that much- if cocu really wants him it should be worth it

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Said the same about josefzoon I think....

Mind I also said the same about Holmes so even I’m sometimes wrong

No way!!!

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Probably the only team to offer what Everton really wanted in terms of a loan fee so that got it over the line ahead of Huddersfield and Wigan. No indication of what we’re paying, but it’s only a loan so can’t be that much- if cocu really wants him it should be worth it

Nice not to be priced out of market. Possible perm, depends what hairstyle he prefers. Old boys network.... Result.

I’m really happy with this. The lad has real quality, but needs coaching to reach his full potential. 

Another full season in the championship should see him come close to double figures for goals and assists. I’d put good money on few loan players having a bigger impact than him next season. 

9 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Has very obvious strengths and weaknesses, if he can improve his passing he could be a real asset.

My mate who's a blade has just said passing is one of his main strengths: ''sees a pass a mile off before anyone else''... He identified pace as Dowell's main limitation but most are saying his passing range is one of his main assets?

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

My mate who's a blade has just said passing is one of his main strengths: ''sees a pass a mile off before anyone else''... He identified pace as Dowell's main limitation but most are saying his passing range is one of his main assets?

His passing % last season was under 74%, which isn't great. Puts him 20th in their squad last season (although you can exclude the 2-3 players that barely played). Although it was a little improved at 77% for Forest, which is more the norm.

So I'd guess he's capable of pulling off highlight reel passes, which stick in fan's memories, but is liable to misplace passes more often than most. Maybe he's overly ambitious. Not convinced it's bad enough to be listed as a "weakness" however. 

Archived