Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, David said:

I have seen people post they wanted someone like Hughton with Championship experience so it's not that surprising, whilst clearly it's proven to be a popular appointment you would never gain a 100% approval rating.

Even Pep Guardiola would raise concerns with some. 

You? Chequebook Pep? Never!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

Just an example. Would be a pointless appointment, incapable of managing without £50m+ players.

Hang on a minute there David - lets be fair - the most he ever spent at Bayern was £33.75 mill for Vidal. And £33 mill for Gotze and £27 mill for Costa and £25 mill for Benatia and £22 mill for Thiago. If you ignore all the other quality players who were already there he was basically working with a team of plucky nobodies from the lower leagues, which he managed to bravely lead to Bayerns first ever Bundesliga title.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Hang on a minute there David - lets be fair - the most he ever spent at Bayern was £33.75 mill for Vidal. And £33 mill for Gotze and £27 mill for Costa and £25 mill for Benatia and £22 mill for Thiago. If you ignore all the other quality players who were already there he was basically working with a team of plucky nobodies from the lower leagues, which he managed to bravely lead to Bayerns first ever Bundesliga title.

Still don't like him. He's no Phillip Cocu.

I do like how some of you tick off the players as they leave the bus like a teacher with their register. I didn't even think to look into if anyone wasn't accounted for. Just a lazy watcher, thats my Cocu I'm done here.....oh look at Keogh stumble ?

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Same expectations as for Lampard last season for me. 8th place or above and play some decent football.

Got quite a rebuild on his hands and will be interested to see what his approach is.

As a big critic of Mel previously for his handling of certain issues, full marks to him on this one. Has been dignified, professional and acted quickly to appoint a manager away from the normal template. Handled the Chelsea boys well. Let's see where we are at the end of next season.

Forza Phillip Cocu's Oranje army.

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree that he starts with the same expectations as Lampard.

If you consider that Bogle, Marriott, Holmes and Waghorn are now established players (barring injuries) and we have brought in Shinnie then personally I feel Cocu should be judged on higher expectations. Also I forgot we have Malone as competition to Forsyth.

I believe we are short of a young quick centre half to play alongside Keogh with Davies as cover and a creative box to box midfielder.

When Lampard took over I felt we were short in lots of areas.

Who can know if Thorne, or Martin will ever reach their previous levels of competence or indeed if Coco will find something in Butterfield.

Hopefully Chelsea will loan a couple to plug our short comings.

My main hope is Coco brings a well drilled pattern of play, and hopefully quick passing and fast flowing exciting football.

I just feel he starts from a higher starting position than Lampard team wise.

You all notice Marriott missing from the Bus but didn't notice him missing from the Touchdown Rams! video. Call yourselves real scaremongers, pfft. ?

Archived