Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Can't see Sky et al, flying out for Florida for a 30 min presser tbh

DUCK Sky!!!  Nothing but disrespect for the past 6 weeks.  Once they do a presser, they should be shoved out into the corridor...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

You missed the point. I'm not comparing it to the SPL. I'm saying it's as competitive as the SPL within the confines of its competition. 

Looks to me as if you are.

Either way, it's a good appointment and I'm glad you're happy with it. For a Championship club, getting someone in of his ilk is a bit like getting a Guardiola. It's a massive coup. 

57 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

What you mean Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord aren't Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock level of quality?

Winning the league with PSV is like winning the league with Liverpool in a world where Man City currently exists - And no-one would have devalued Klopp if he'd won the PL this season

No it isn't. It really isn't.

PSV won the league with nowhere near the finances of Ajax and after a spell of total domination from their rivals.

They also had to compete with a Feyenoord side who had a better squad than them (and more money to spend).

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

What you mean Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord aren't Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock level of quality?

Winning the league with PSV is like winning the league with Liverpool in a world where Man City currently exists - And no-one would have devalued Klopp if he'd won the PL this season

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

No it isn't. It really isn't.

PSV won the league with nowhere near the finances of Ajax and after a spell of total domination from their rivals.

They also had to compete with a Feyenoord side who had a better squad than them (and more money to spend).

I guess it's more like Arsenal (like PSV, still a big club in their respective league), but with a Watford budget

Happy days.  Things continue to change for the better at DCFC. well done Mel.  Similar formula applied to Frank's appointment: former world class player, a winner, an attacking footballer, a positive winning mindset....they only difference being Coku comes with masses of managerial experience, whereas Frank had none.  Interesting to see who this new appointment with Championship experience will be?

Dare I say I'm quietly excited by this although the proof with be in the Edam of course. 

Or like Aberdeen winning the SPL over Celtic and Rangers.

Or Leverkusen winning the Bundesliga. 

I guess Arsenal winning the PL is a fair comparison too, considering the difference in their squad & spend vs that of Liverpool and Man City.

Or like Man City, but with Chelsea's squad and Arsenal's budget winning La Liga.

OR, like Tokyo FC, but with PSV Eindhoven's squad on Derby's budget winning Ligue 1. Actually, no, that's absurd.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

First one is a better comparison.

I know but I didn't want to leave it on an SPL comparison ? 

Also I was enjoying the convoluted analogies.

What Cocu did with PSV is akin to if Gerrard wins the SPL with Rangers. It's not a small achievement by any stretch of the imagination and to win it 3 times in 4 seasons whilst making £100m+ profit is simply outstanding. 

I would honestly be happy with a competitive season whereby we see player improvement. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Or like Aberdeen winning the SPL over Celtic and Rangers.

Or Leverkusen winning the Bundesliga. 

I guess Arsenal winning the PL is a fair comparison too, considering the difference in their squad & spend vs that of Liverpool and Man City.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

First one is a better comparison.

Don't think it's right to be comparing PSV with Aberdeen.

PSV have the second Mose Eredivise titles, 21, just 5 behind Ajax. And those titles are not from the 70's, they have won it 9 times since 2000. After that you have Feyenoord on just 10.

Where as Aberdeen have 4 whilst Rangers have 54 and Celtic 50.

Just now, Andicis said:

Go on then, own up, who's the 1 person who voted no?!

I blame @David for advertising the lack of No's on twitter. 

Just now, David said:

Don't think it's right to be comparing PSV with Aberdeen.

PSV have the second Mose Eredivise titles, 21, just 5 behind Ajax. And those titles are not from the 70's, they have won it 9 times since 2000. After that you have Feyenoord on just 10.

Where as Aberdeen have 4 whilst Rangers have 54 and Celtic 50.

No no I meant - the years that Cocu was there, PSV's budget and squad was to Ajax and Feyenoord, similar to current Aberdeen's relation to current Celtic and Rangers.

I by no means suggest there anything similar as clubs.

PSV is an European institution and has been a giant in more than one era.

Just now, SaintRam said:

I blame @David for advertising the lack of No's on twitter. 

It was coming regardless. 

Just to also put it out there, we recently moved known away fans into a new user group which do not have permissions to vote in polls. 

Just now, David said:

It was coming regardless. 

Just to also put it out there, we recently moved known away fans into a new user group which do not have permissions to vote in polls. 

Fair enough.

Probably just someone who really wanted Hughton. Or someone who really hates zeros.

I like many things about this appointment, but one of the things I especially like, or rather find quite amusing is how it changed the view on Frank leaving.

When it was first reported that Frank would probably be off there was a little bit of ill-feeling towards him. That seemed to escalate when we were linked with managers like Darren Moore and Darren Wassall etc., and there was more blame on Frank's doorstep for how he'd handled himself with regards to the Chelsea links.

As soon as it became apparent that Cocu was our man, it kind of shifted. There were more understanding views towards Frank leaving, and more messages of good luck. I'm not talking particularly on here, probably more so on Twitter.

I'd kind of compare it to your girlfriend leaving you for someone else. You're texting your mates saying how much of a bitch she is, you'll never forgive her etc. etc., then you go out that night to drown your sorrows. You end up pulling an absolute stunner. I mean for the league you're in she's gotta be pushing a 10/10. All of a sudden, are you really bothered about the girl that left you? Not so much.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Fair enough.

Probably just someone who really wanted Hughton. Or someone who really hates zeros.

I have seen people post they wanted someone like Hughton with Championship experience so it's not that surprising, whilst clearly it's proven to be a popular appointment you would never gain a 100% approval rating.

Even Pep Guardiola would raise concerns with some. 

What a great appointment for Derby! Kudos to Mel for taking Derby through all kinds of obstacles and still being so visionary with the direction of the club. I know the Chelsea fans aren't so popular right now but I just wanted to say I'm really glad I decided to follow Derby this season and there's so much I've learned about the club and the championship in general and someone's even started a post below bigging up the forum and I have to say I agree. This is one of the best football forums I've been on and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Wishing you folks all the best for the season coming up - hopefully see you in the prem sooner than later! 

1 minute ago, David said:

I have seen people post they wanted someone like Hughton with Championship experience so it's not that surprising, whilst clearly it's proven to be a popular appointment you would never gain a 100% approval rating.

Even Pep Guardiola would raise concerns with some. 

Could he do it on a cold wet windy night in Stoke? ?

4 minutes ago, SuperFrankieL said:

What a great appointment for Derby! Kudos to Mel for taking Derby through all kinds of obstacles and still being so visionary with the direction of the club. I know the Chelsea fans aren't so popular right now but I just wanted to say I'm really glad I decided to follow Derby this season and there's so much I've learned about the club and the championship in general and someone's even started a post below bigging up the forum and I have to say I agree. This is one of the best football forums I've been on and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Wishing you folks all the best for the season coming up - hopefully see you in the prem sooner than later! 

A tasty little Carabao Cup tie at the Bridge would do nicely for now!

P.S. Send us Tomori back where he truly belongs!

Archived