Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He came across well , the sports  complex they,re at looks quality , Frank got a lot from a similar pre season  thing in Tenerife last year so hopefully we can lay a good foundation again , i,d love a job where you get sent to Florida in your first week ! 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sing up........

"Twan always tended bar
Across the crowded floor, Weerden worked from eight til four
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?

At the Cocu (co) Cocucabana (Cocucabana)
The hottest spot north of Havana (here)
At the Cocu (co) Cocucabana (Cocucabana)
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Cocu they fell in love

17 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Sing up........

"Twan always tended bar
Across the crowded floor, Weerden worked from eight til four
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?

At the Cocu (co) Cocucabana (Cocucabana)
The hottest spot north of Havana (here)
At the Cocu (co) Cocucabana (Cocucabana)
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Cocu they fell in love

If somebody gets a new Cocu flag made, we can change the words.

We've got Cocu and a new Cocu banner

and we play football in the right manner

And with Cocu and our new Cocu banner

The players all live on Bananas.

"Total Football" - invented by the Dutch is 'an attacking style of play in which every outfield player is able to play in any position as required during the course of a game'.

(FC Barcelona and the Spanish national team devolved a new play style called Juego de Posicion, based on the theory of Total Football, and the managerial philosophy of former Barcelona manager Johan Cruyff.)

If the players grasp this concept during a game, then we could have a very exciting season.

If you also look at some of the play of  Dutch teams they have a toughness about them and are not easily intimidated.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I've got a feeling we may have to throttle back a bit on the PR expectations of our new manager, tbh. 

I think he's going to do his talking on the pitch. No bad thing in my opinion. 

I hope he doesn't get too pally with the players either. I like a bit of gravitas. 

See, this is why I like this forum. Two, sensible, might I add esteemed, members who have markedly differing opinions on how they like their salmon prepared. I respect you Angie.

11 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Say we finish top half and miss out on play offs, how many rams fans will be calling for his head?

Personally, I’m not *that* bothered about league position at this stage, I want to see signs of something being built.  If we have a team full of ageing, overpaid prima-donnas, playing dreadful football and finish 7th then yeah, get rid.  If it’s a team full of youngsters that maybe aren’t quite ready year, and the team isn’t quite clicking yet, but you can see where we are going, then I don’t care if we finish 12th, give him time to get it working.

11 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Say we finish top half and miss out on play offs, how many rams fans will be calling for his head?

Not me.

I'd love to see us get off to a flyer and storm the league, but don't expect it and will be happy if we play decent football and improve as the season goes on with either the players we have improving or with the help of new players coming in.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Personally, I’m not *that* bothered about league position at this stage, I want to see signs of something being built.  If we have a team full of ageing, overpaid prima-donnas, playing dreadful football and finish 7th then yeah, get rid.  If it’s a team full of youngsters that maybe aren’t quite ready year, and the team isn’t quite clicking yet, but you can see where we are going, then I don’t care if we finish 12th, give him time to get it working.

That could have been cut and pasted from one of my posts before last season's start.....?

I like the idea of Scheepers role being the linkman between the Academy and the First Team.  Leave Wassall to continue to do his day to day role, but have someone who Cocu trusts to say this Lad is ready to step up Boss. A Twanspotter if you like.

Just now, Alpha said:

Good interview apart from one part

"As a player you had that winning mentality. Is that something you're looking for in these players?"

“No. In Holland we have Hüldoutfuradreuw mentality because in the Eredivisie it used to be 2 points for a win but 3 for a draw. I demanded this from my players”

Christ on a bike what were they expecting as an answer 

Archived