Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

A glittering playing career, assistant manager of a World Cup finalist, 3 League titles, a track record of bringing through youth and making a net profit on transfers? Good grief Derby. No wonder Mel seemed so chilled on TalkSport the other day - he must have known this was a real possibility.

Noticed a few comments about the relative strength of the Dutch League. No doubt its not the number 1 league in Europe but PSV have won 2 European Cups, Ajax and Feyenoord have another 5 between them and Ajax should have gone back to the final this year too. To have won 3 titles against that competition marks him out as a quality coach, no doubt whatsoever.

The only 'black mark' on Cocu's CV actually gives me more confidence perversely. Reading various reports, it would appear there was something of a backroom revolt by some of the local coaches at Fenerbahce. Bearing in mind how volatile the football culture is over there, that must have made his task nigh on impossible. He's now only 48, with a wealth of experience and most importantly, a point to prove after being so highly rated only a couple of years ago - someone is going to reap the benefits of this guy's talent - I can't believe it may well be us!

Yes he will ultimately be judged on first team results but the thought of him overseeing our young prospects is probably the highlight for me. Its a club culture we need to build & what Morris is correctly looking for - get the foundations right, get the talent in place and the results and success will follow.

Great post he will need time and transfer windows and I’m glad it’s 4 years it means wants to build something ...this is an amazing appointment ...this would’nt have happened in my view without Frank raising our profile and yet Cocu appears a much better and more exciting acquisition ..he will need time but big wow to Mel ...thanks Frank but I have real optimism now for the next few seasons ..exciting times to be a rams fan 

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

Great post he will need time and transfer windows and I’m glad it’s 4 years it means wants to build something ...this is an amazing appointment ...this would’nt have happened in my view without Frank raising our profile and yet Cocu appears a much better and more exciting acquisition ..he will need time but big wow to Mel ...thanks Frank but I have real optimism now for the next few seasons ..exciting times to be a rams fan 

Yes, good point - no way Cocu would have been on our radar after Rowett left. Maybe hasn't ended the way we wanted but Lampard's stint with us has raised our profile significantly - win/win really & I'm sure everyone will realise this once the dust has settled. Massive credit to Mel for having the vision to chase both & fully agree, we're on a upward curve here ? 

19 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

We’ve got Cocu

Phil Cocu

I just don’t think you understand

Lampard ducked us off

To go and join the toffs

So Mel got in the best from Holland

The poet laureate position will be available in 5 years...don’t apply. ?

50 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I am intrigued to find out who the English coach is that Cocu will have within his team (As quoted by SSN) 

it it couldn’t be return of the Mac III Could it...

Mac will be his translator.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That would be the most tinpot thing I’ve ever seen. Modelling a kit around a manager? Embarassing.

I like it ...a sea of orange away shirts ...why not? 

Archived