Anyone getting the train tomorrow and what time?

Antonedcfc

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m off on the 9am I think, tho that’s likely to be rammed and standing only even with extra long trains on. Did consider an alternative route via Grantham on LNER which will be less busy, although will be more expensive and take longer. The other normal alternative route into London is via Birmingham so that isn’t a good idea.

28 minutes ago, Antonedcfc said:

I did when i ordered my tickets online but nothing shows on my ticket when i picked it up.

Yeah they lifted ticket restrictions and cancelled seat reservations. I was pretty annoyed by it. They’ve doubled most train capacity though. 

https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/information/media/news/East-Midlands-Trains-providing-extra-services-and-longer-trains-to-help-Derby-County-supporters-get-to-Wembley/

9:10 from Tamworth and I have a seat reservation. I expect it to be quite busy including a number of Villa fans also getting on at Tamworth. Be interesting to see if a Villa fan takes my seat or if I find it's amongst a load of them. Being the hard man that I am I'll probably slink away and try to find another.

TIP: Get off at East Midlands Parkway and wait for the next train which will be coming from Nottingham and probably empty.

A Seat. Room to breathe.

And the chance of a stray red dog to wind up

2 hours ago, UTFR said:

TIP: Get off at East Midlands Parkway and wait for the next train which will be coming from Nottingham and probably empty.

A Seat. Room to breathe.

And the chance of a stray red dog to wind up

The trains from Nottingham will be packed full of Rams too, if it's anything like last time.

Archived