It's the pants what won it !

What superstitions and /or items of clothing will people be making sure of doing/wearing on Monday. I'll be wearing the pants I had on at WBA in the last match of the regular season. Didn't wear them for Leeds home leg but had 'em on for Leeds away leg. It was obviously the pants that made the difference...so I won't be taking a risk ??

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Allanthediver said:

What superstitions and /or items of clothing will people be making sure of doing/wearing on Monday. I'll be wearing the pants I had on at WBA in the last match of the regular season. Didn't wear them for Leeds home leg but had 'em on for Leeds away leg. It was obviously the pants that made the difference...so I won't be taking a risk ??

Might be a good idea to wash them before the game, though.

I was at the first leg.

Second leg - I was in Amsterdam airport watching the match on my phone. I saw Marriott's first and Mount's goals. 1-2 - back in it. But was going to have to stop watching in order to catch the flight. Told my Mrs there was 'no way I can stop watching now and not know what happens for another 2 hours'. Turns out, some guy got hammered on the flight before ours so we were delayed in boarding. Never been so pleased for a delayed flight.

Had to ignore all the 'please put your phones into flight mode' until the last second. We were pretty much heading down the runway as the final whistle went and my Mrs, with her phobia of flying, didn't seem quite so keen to join in the celebrations as we took off. Strange, really.

I have a ticket for Wembley, but if anybody is superstitious and wants to fork out for an all expenses paid trip to Amsterdam for me instead, then I'm open to offers. Probably won't take the Mrs this time, though ?

ver formula 1 GIF by Red Bull Racing

I said before the Leeds game, I was going to St Ives and every time I am in Cornwall something big/good happens to our club.

We hired McLaren first time, hired Lampard, beat Man U in September, finally fired Pearson, fired Clough (I was happy at least), amongst other things....and then last Wednesday, we beat Leeds United.

Just a bloody shame I am in London on Monday and not in Cornwall because promotion would be guaranteed...sorry ?

Got to wear my 18/19 away shirt, which I've worn for all our big games on the run-in.

It's not black and it's not white, but I daren't leave it behind.

Even though I was the one scoffing at all this superstitious nonsense at the beginning of the season it's got to me again!

1 hour ago, Allanthediver said:

I wore my 'lucky pants ' for both Leeds games on the premise that we only lost 1-0. I did tho wear different shorts. Unfortunately I am unable to wear said shorts as I ripped a massive hole in them whilst prancing around the pub celebrating the 4th. (Shouldn't wear slim fit at my age)

I took them into Belper to have them mended but they wouldn't be back til Wednesday.

So the conundrum is

1. Same shorts with arse hanging out all day but at least my lucky pants will be on show.

2. Remember that I'm 51 and it makes no difference

Which ever course of action I decide upon I will still be razoring my head to babys bottom style as it clearly brings us luck.

Always love the idea that the players run on to the pitch, look up into the stands and say to each other "it's OK, Pete's got his lucky socks on".

As for me, I wore a pair of Cuban heel bits too the 1976 semi final. Never again....

3 hours ago, Allanthediver said:

I’ve got a homemade knitted black and white scarf that my wife’s best mate made for my 60th birthday. She even bought me an original 71/72 league champions enamel badge off eBay. .. I won’t be wearing it but it will be draped on the telly ( gave my ticket to a “needy” family member ? which is true sacrifice that will be rewarded in heaven, or sometime Monday evening ) 

2 hours ago, Charlie Dram said:

I wore my 'lucky pants ' for both Leeds games on the premise that we only lost 1-0. I did tho wear different shorts. Unfortunately I am unable to wear said shorts as I ripped a massive hole in them whilst prancing around the pub celebrating the 4th. (Shouldn't wear slim fit at my age)

I took them into Belper to have them mended but they wouldn't be back til Wednesday.

So the conundrum is

1. Same shorts with arse hanging out all day but at least my lucky pants will be on show.

2. Remember that I'm 51 and it makes no difference

Which ever course of action I decide upon I will still be razoring my head to babys bottom style as it clearly brings us luck.

Where is the roll eyes emoji ???? ?

Before Leeds game I thought we'd wear the blue kit so decided to use Nivea for men deodarant as the tin is similar colours lol.......(mad!!) also if we kick off in a game If  I can recite the team in my head before the opposition touch it we win....( yet more madness but works for me !!)......Not sure if we are playing in white but have this dilemma ...stick with the blue tin stuff or change to the white tin stuff.......bonkers!! 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I said before the Leeds game, I was going to St Ives and every time I am in Cornwall something big/good happens to our club.

We hired McLaren first time, hired Lampard, beat Man U in September, finally fired Pearson, fired Clough (I was happy at least), amongst other things....and then last Wednesday, we beat Leeds United.

Just a bloody shame I am in London on Monday and not in Cornwall because promotion would be guaranteed...sorry ?

How many wives have you got? 

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I will be wearing my lucky socks. Usually works.

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Always love the idea that the players run on to the pitch, look up into the stands and say to each other "it's OK, Pete's got his lucky socks on".

As for me, I wore a pair of Cuban heel bits too the 1976 semi final. Never again....

My name's not Pete. Will it matter?

2 hours ago, Saity said:

Before Leeds game I thought we'd wear the blue kit so decided to use Nivea for men deodarant as the tin is similar colours lol.......(mad!!) also if we kick off in a game If  I can recite the team in my head before the opposition touch it we win....( yet more madness but works for me !!)......Not sure if we are playing in white but have this dilemma ...stick with the blue tin stuff or change to the white tin stuff.......bonkers!! 

Use both,may be take them to the game and God forbid if things aren't going to plan you could alternate between them during the match?

I’m wearing my dodgy Facebook Derby knock off black tee shirt,  I bought it in the aftermath of the Manure win, and wore it again the night of the second leg at Leeds.

Can’t wear owt else can I?

7 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Might be a good idea to wash them before the game, though.

No need! four wears per wash. Right way out front then backwards. Inside out front then backwards. Sorted...good for the environment too as saves water and detergent ???

Archived