Brighton | Hughton out, Potter in

Gaspode

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Would be interesting to see a female manager, but walking into a Premier League team close to relegation? Baptism of fire doesn't quite cut it!

I don’t think we’re that far away from this happening, season or two it will happen.

I bet from the outside looking in it was crazy when we sacked Mac, Clement and even Nigel. I bet even people would say we never gave Pearson much chance and that nobody had a right to criticise Rowett. 

If performances are slipping and new signings aren't adding anything, a few players are worse than they were then they were probably right to get rid when results join the trend. 

I dunno. 

But no chairman is going to stick with a man who's on the slide. 

You'd have to see what the majority of Brighton fans think. 

He'll be sound anyway. I bet he could drop into this league and make someone a force.

13 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t think we’re that far away from this happening, season or two it will happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen - does she have the badges? 

Needs somewhere that will give her the full season, like any rookie manager.

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I bet from the outside looking in it was crazy when we sacked Mac, Clement and even Nigel. I bet even people would say we never gave Pearson much chance and that nobody had a right to criticise Rowett. 

If performances are slipping and new signings aren't adding anything, a few players are worse than they were then they were probably right to get rid when results join the trend. 

I dunno. 

But no chairman is going to stick with a man who's on the slide. 

You'd have to see what the majority of Brighton fans think. 

He'll be sound anyway. I bet he could drop into this league and make someone a force.

Mel was on the RamsTV preview show for the WBA game and questioned on Darren Moore’s sacking, spoke about how things can look on the outside, but you don’t really know what’s going on behind closed doors. 

Your journalists that tweet their disgust over sackings and go on to write articles only look at results and league table, completely oblivious to the relationship between owner and manager which may have broken down.

We’re in a world now where huge amounts of money is being spent, money that these owners have either worked hard or been clever enough to accumulate and afford to be in the position they are in. 

Like it or not, if an owner no longer trusts the man in charge with their money, out the door you go. 

I don’t feel sorry for Hughton, he’ll be fine, he’s walking away with a decent reputation and won’t find it difficult to find work, most likely by the start of next season.

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen - does she have the badges? 

Needs somewhere that will give her the full season, like any rookie manager.

I didn’t have Alex Scott in mind, I just think we will see a female manager in charge of a club, probably League 2 or National League where they will enjoy the publicity it brings. 

Not that women are just publicity stunts, just that this will be an historic time in football and the first female manager in the men’s game will draw huge amounts of attention.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Might seem a bit harsh but very few of his Prem purchases have really made their mark. Probably did need a freshen up, but not an easy job this for anyone following him in.

Was he behind the signings? Just seen this that’s all

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Might seem a bit harsh but very few of his Prem purchases have really made their mark. Probably did need a freshen up, but not an easy job this for anyone following him in.

He didn't choose the signings but he did meet them and have the final say.

Our biggest difficultly since coming up is being able to hurt teams. If you consider how good we were in the Championship it kinda shows the step up. Gross and Izquierdo assisted or scored something like 24 of our 34 goals last season. Izquierdo's had a knee injury all season which has restricted his minutes and he's having an operation now. Gross got injured too and we were so desperate to use him he's played when not fully fit and also due to other injuries a bit out of position which has reduced his impact. Jahanbakhsh the big money signing who came will be labelled a failure but he needed extra rest pre-season due to the World Cup, then got injured, went to the Asian Cup, got injured again, so hasn't really been able to bed in and get his feet under the table. So we've struggled in the final 3rd, some argument to say those guys could come good next season, others would say we need to recruit big time. 

1 hour ago, SimonBHA said:

Our biggest difficultly since coming up is being able to hurt teams. If you consider how good we were in the Championship it kinda shows the step up. Gross and Izquierdo assisted or scored something like 24 of our 34 goals last season. Izquierdo's had a knee injury all season which has restricted his minutes and he's having an operation now. Gross got injured too and we were so desperate to use him he's played when not fully fit and also due to other injuries a bit out of position which has reduced his impact. Jahanbakhsh the big money signing who came will be labelled a failure but he needed extra rest pre-season due to the World Cup, then got injured, went to the Asian Cup, got injured again, so hasn't really been able to bed in and get his feet under the table. So we've struggled in the final 3rd, some argument to say those guys could come good next season, others would say we need to recruit big time. 

Send that rubbish knockheart chap to us, ?

I see that people and some outlets are using this as an opportunity to bash clubs  for sacking a black manager and an excuse to highlight there’s not enough black managers again. Also how it’s a “kick in the teeth for aspiring black managers” after what happened with Hughton and Darren Moore. Anyone who turns this into a race issue need to shake themselves. Brighton aren’t a racist club and they didn’t sack Hughton because he’s black, he didn’t magically turn black, he would have been black when they first appointed him. Maybe instead of people bashing Brighton and wishing for them to get relegated next season for this, they should ask Brighton fans about Hughton, you know the fans who see their team play every week instead of people who watch match of the day.

5 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

Looking in from the outside, Brighton were very dull to watch when they were on the TV, especially at home.  I turned them off on numerous occasions this season. 

Rumour has it Celtic are having a look at him. Fits the ROI profile and wont cost amy compensation.  

5 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

Could be a blessing in disguise for you. There was outrage when Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins and Mark Hughes but their replacements, Pochettino and Hassenhutl, worked wonders and helped to take their club to the next level.

Archived