Brighton | Hughton out, Potter in

Gaspode

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh sacking since he kept them up but they really have been awful this year. Only really kept up by there being so many other poo teams, that Brighton side have been so bad the last few months they deserve to go down frankly. If only we could relegate teams for simply being poo rather than finishing position, think our 07/08 season could have given that side a run for their money. Been worse than Fulham and Cardiff this calendar year, only their early form kept them up. Harsh sacking but on that trajectory I can see it

29 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Had there been any indication that his job was in danger?

Their form this year was probably an indication.

I'd definitely have stuck with him though - let him make changes in the summer and go again. 

He's a popular bloke so now everyone will want them to get relegated. Especially if they end up with allardyce or summat.

Sums up modern football - especially at PL level. Keeping up any of the "smaller" clubs (Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford etc) in the top division is rightly considered a success.

Brighton strong candidates to be relegated next season.

I can understand why people are looking at what he has achieved, maybe that’s not the issue and they don’t share the same vision going forward?

Club owners and manager have to be in sync with their plans for the club, when they start heading in opposite directions it’s game over.

He’s been at club 5 years now which is some achievement given the way the game has gone, with a year left on his deal, it’s actually the perfect time to say thanks and make the change now, rather than a season of will he or won’t he be gone in the summer.

Billy Davies has more votes than 2 Gary Rowetts.

Is that Alex Scott as in the former Arsenal/England player, turned Beeb pundit? Would be interesting to see a female manager, but walking into a Premier League team close to relegation? Baptism of fire doesn't quite cut it!

Archived