19/20 Summer Transfer Window

Day

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/07/2019 at 22:08, Anon said:

Imagine being a Sheff Utd fan excited about all the potential big name signings you might bring in now you have Premier League money, and then you read that you've signed Ravel Morrison. Aside from a decent half season in Mexico, the guy has been average or worse everywhere he's been in the last 5 years. I am astonished he's been given a contract at a Premier League team.

Shef Utds budget is a handful of magic beans. They are doing the same as Norwich and pocketing the cash before they get relegated. I have some real hope this year that someone might beat our record. Newcastle, Shef Utd and Norwich all looking good for relegation.

On 17/07/2019 at 12:58, Millenniumram said:

Zohore was a brilliant player for Cardiff in the championship, but that fee is very large for a player who lacked the incisiveness to make it In the prem. Seems everything’s agreed in the deal but that’s a big risk for WBA.  

Was he really? Looked like a big donkey everytime I've seen him play. Scored 9 goals when Cardiff went up, 12 the year before. His record is the same as Theo Robinson's. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Was he really? Looked like a big donkey everytime I've seen him play. Scored 9 goals when Cardiff went up, 12 the year before. His record is the same as Theo Robinson's. 

To be honest mainly going on what I’ve heard. Probably well suited to a Warnock team if he’s a big donkey, hence why he probably seemed decent. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be honest mainly going on what I’ve heard. Probably well suited to a Warnock team if he’s a big donkey, hence why he probably seemed decent. 

Fair enough. 

Knockaert to Fulham, along with Mitro and Ivan, means they're going to be flat track bullies this season. They won't drop many points against teams who lack technical ability. 

Technical and tactical teams will stand up to them, but they will be able to bully over half the division into a top 2 challenge. 

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Knockaert to Fulham, along with Mitro and Ivan, means they're going to be flat track bullies this season. They won't drop many points against teams who lack technical ability. 

Technical and tactical teams will stand up to them, but they will be able to bully over half the division into a top 2 challenge. 

Knockeart usually has a few stinkers in a season. 

Just never against us.....?

Birmingham look to be reinvesting the Adams money: Ivan Sunjic is set to join for £7m. 

He's a very highly rated talented in Croatia, with many following his progression throughout the youth teams, so it seems like a huge coup for Birmingham. I always think that players like this, providing they don't turn out to be awful, even if they're just average, they will still make their money on them. 

Good move. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Birmingham look to be reinvesting the Adams money: Ivan Sunjic is set to join for £7m. 

He's a very highly rated talented in Croatia, with many following his progression throughout the youth teams, so it seems like a huge coup for Birmingham. I always think that players like this, providing they don't turn out to be awful, even if they're just average, they will still make their money on them. 

Good move. 

A lot of money on one player though when you're in their situation.

5 hours ago, Srg said:

A lot of money on one player though when you're in their situation.

Yeah, but they have the money just not the room in the budget. I like Dan Crowley signing too, he was exceptional years ago and is coming off a good season in Eredivisie. Clarke Salter should be a decent signing at this level, considering he's the U21 England captain. 

They've done some good business on the face of it. They definitely need to replace Adams still, but I'd be happy with the players they've brought in. 

If juventus really are considering making that offer then they’re mad, can see why Lukaku would want the move- he’s above Uniteds level despite all his detractors, but better than dybala? No chance, that’d be a proper downgrade, Lukakus an average striker at the top level. No idea why juve would want rid of dybala, he’s a brilliant player and an elite all round talent, only a slight bit of end product stops him being among the best in the world.

If spurs do lose eriksen then it’d be a serious coup to use that and the Danny rose money to replace him with dybala as well. Not sure sky know their arse from their elbow though with some of these reports.

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

he’s above Uniteds level despite all his detractors

Not sure that he is. His first touch is like a long pass, and he's not clinical enough. Don't think he's good enough for a top side. If I was Juve, I would take money from Spurs and buy Icardi, his attitude is ducking atrocious, but if you can't sort that out, you've got a player there.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not sure that he is. His first touch is like a long pass, and he's not clinical enough. Don't think he's good enough for a top side. If I was Juve, I would take money from Spurs and buy Icardi, his attitude is ducking atrocious, but if you can't sort that out, you've got a player there.

I can’t say I massively rate him either, and definitely agree on his first touch. But he’s got something with his strength etc that puts him above playing with Ashley Young imo, even as a bench player. If I was juve I probably wouldn’t be taking any money at all, but if they are selling him then I’d agree at icardi as the better option. Brilliant player in terms of his end product, not so good in general play at times, but as a goalscorer he’s brilliant.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I can’t say I massively rate him either, and definitely agree on his first touch. But he’s got something with his strength etc that puts him above playing with Ashley Young imo, even as a bench player. If I was juve I probably wouldn’t be taking any money at all, but if they are selling him then I’d agree at icardi as the better option. Brilliant player in terms of his end product, not so good in general play at times, but as a goalscorer he’s brilliant.

Seems mental to sell Dybala, but his numbers last season weren't that special, Ronaldo has taken over the mantle as main man and Dybala seems surplus to requirements. It's a really weird one, because he's an absolutely top player. As an Argentine, may wanna play for Spurs though?

United just doesn't seem like a great place for attacking players at the minute. They just don't seem to be able to sort out their issues. Lukaku is an asset in the right team, but United don't create a huge amount of chances, and Lukaku despite his strength isn't a great target man due to his poor touch. 

Can see why he would want to move on, but does Dybala sort out United's issues? Where would he even fit into that United team? He isn't a sole striker for me, and United don't often play with a 10, so would he be shunted out to the wing? 

If I was Juve, I'd get as much money out of either Spurs or United and go for Icardi, failing that, ask for Eriksen in the deal for Dybala from Spurs, then you have a new attacking midfielder that would compliment Ronaldo more.

34 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Seems mental to sell Dybala, but his numbers last season weren't that special, Ronaldo has taken over the mantle as main man and Dybala seems surplus to requirements. It's a really weird one, because he's an absolutely top player. As an Argentine, may wanna play for Spurs though?

United just doesn't seem like a great place for attacking players at the minute. They just don't seem to be able to sort out their issues. Lukaku is an asset in the right team, but United don't create a huge amount of chances, and Lukaku despite his strength isn't a great target man due to his poor touch. 

Can see why he would want to move on, but does Dybala sort out United's issues? Where would he even fit into that United team? He isn't a sole striker for me, and United don't often play with a 10, so would he be shunted out to the wing? 

If I was Juve, I'd get as much money out of either Spurs or United and go for Icardi, failing that, ask for Eriksen in the deal for Dybala from Spurs, then you have a new attacking midfielder that would compliment Ronaldo more.

Yeah like I say that’s the one thing with dybala, his end product is probably the one thing that lets him down. Put it next to Ronaldos, and it looks poor. Doesn’t mean he’s not an elite player mind, and juve shouldn’t be confused by that. Would certainly say spurs is the better option for him if he does leave, can’t understand why dybala would want a Man U move for the reasons you give above- they’ve got a manager Only in the position on emotion and a poo team. 

I think dybala could play on his own up front, but it’s arguable he’s better behind another player. Would be more suitable options available for them certainly. You’ve got a point on going for eriksen as well, be of much more use to Juve position wise. Unreal player too, world class for me.

Archived