19/20 Summer Transfer Window

David

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It would be nice for Liverpool but I imagine Griezmann would want to be an undisputed starter. For 125 million euros, Liverpool would be better off signing a proper striker to replace sturridge and can rotate rather than someone who can play there but it's not their main position. They were linked with Timo Werner in January for 40 million euros. That would probably be a better fit as he's a natural forward, a lot younger than Griezmann and Klopp knows him being german

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/02/report-liverpool-could-sign-rb-leipzig-ace-timo-werner-on-the-ch/

I’m not sticking a HITC link in my browser history, get that out of here! 

My European football knowledge isn’t what it once was so I will bow out of recommending players they should sign.

I just look at Griezmann as being in that category under Messi and Ronaldo, might be a dated view but think any team could find a way to fit him him.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, David said:

I’m not sticking a HITC link in my browser history, get that out of here! 

My European football knowledge isn’t what it once was so I will bow out of recommending players they should sign.

I just look at Griezmann as being in that category under Messi and Ronaldo, might be a dated view but think any team could find a way to fit him him.

No I think you’ve raised a good point, Griezmann is certainly in the tier of players below Messi and cr7, but I’d say that Salah, Mane and Firmino are in that category too. I wouldn’t say their forward players are the reason why Liverpool didn’t win the league though, two of them  finished top of the golden boot and Origi came in and scored important goals when Firmino was injured. I think the one real position Liverpool are missing is an attacking midfielder who fits in a three man midfield, I don’t think they’ve replaced Coutinho yet. Apart of wijnaldum and Milner(where most of his goals were penalties), Liverpool don’t have a lot of goal scoring midfielders, in contrast to Man City where Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, David Silva,  De Bruyne and Foden scored important goals . That could change because Oxlade Chamberlain is fit again. 

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No I think you’ve raised a good point, Griezmann is certainly in the tier of players below Messi and cr7, but I’d say that Salah, Mane and Firmino are in that category too. I wouldn’t say their forward players are the reason why Liverpool didn’t win the league though, two of them  finished top of the golden boot and Origi came in and scored important goals when Firmino was injured. I think the one real position Liverpool are missing is an attacking midfielder who fits in a three man midfield, I don’t think they’ve replaced Coutinho yet. Apart of wijnaldum and Milner(where most of his goals were penalties), Liverpool don’t have a lot of goal scoring midfielders, in contrast to Man City where Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, David Silva,  De Bruyne and Foden scored important goals . That could change because Oxlade Chamberlain is fit again. 

I’m not sure Firmino is all that without Mane and Salah. Not sure if that’s controversial or not, haven’t checked. 

In fact I think the way Klopp has Liverpool setup it’s getting the very best out of every player and if he was to leave, not sure they would be in the title challenge come March. 

He would be a fool to tinker too much, and if any of the players start believing they can go on to better things, might be worth giving Coutinho a call.

4 hours ago, David said:

Chelsea are appealing the ban which will suspend it as well, expect to see them active more than most in this window with Hazard leaving and knowing the ban is coming. 

Appeal’s been heard and upheld 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JfR said:

Will be interesting to see if he gets straight into their squad next season or if it's a case of investing in someone for the future

I think they’re looking to consolidate 10th in the league next season.

I don't understand how a club can go from Vidic and Ferdinand, and all the great defenders who came before them, to Phil Jones and Chris Smalling and... be happy with them?! 

31 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't understand how a club can go from Vidic and Ferdinand, and all the great defenders who came before them, to Phil Jones and Chris Smalling and... be happy with them?! 

The more they replace top PL players with inferior ones the better and long may it continue.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I don’t think they are “happy” with them, as they have tried and failed to replace them, probably just see their priorities being further up the pitch now and think they can do a job whilst they sort midfield and attack out where it will cost a fair whack.

May have some coming through the academy they are hopeful of?

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Didn’t expect them to pay this much! 

Once he loses his braces his balance will be all off and he'll turn into a league 2 player.

Archived