19/20 Summer Transfer Window

Day

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Hull made £10m off the Maguire deal.

£12m at the time as well, Wiki says £17m with addons. Plus the sell on fee they didn’t do bad at all from the £2.5m signing. Sheffield United might be kicking themselves though.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Thought you didn’t like them? Surely you would want them to go for a proper rogue manager from Syberia

I want them to suffer so I can take the piss at work but I want them to go up living in Sheffield.

I had a very interesting conversation with one of the players at work the other day about the managers job.

On 05/08/2019 at 11:58, David said:

£12m at the time as well, Wiki says £17m with addons. Plus the sell on fee they didn’t do bad at all from the £2.5m signing. Sheffield United might be kicking themselves though.

I don't know why clubs just don't put a nominal % clause in all player contracts as a just in case.

2 hours ago, blackNwhites said:

Did I hear right that Kemar Roofe has been sold, from Leeds to Anderlecht? Why have Leeds sold him?

Last year of his contract, didn’t look like renewing so got rid before he left for nowt.

On 02/08/2019 at 21:42, HantsRam said:

wasn't that long ago we were making him and Curtis look quite ordinary as we pummelled Hull under Dazwas - 2016?

Well, ignoring that 0-3 aberration......?

Maguire didn't play in that game. Michael Dawson did, as I specifically remember him getting outpaced by Chris Martin of all people.

34 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Why in the High land of ducks would David Luiz want to go to banter fc?! Who’d want that move from Chelsea?! Obviously kicking up a fuss to be made to train alone, not very professional.

Compared the teams and managers and decided it's time to move for the good of his career/salary/ambitions? All that without having to move the city.

Would he still get the game time he was looking for? Didn't feel wanted by the new management team?

etc etc.. we can only guess but there can be quite a few justified reasons.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Compared the teams and managers and decided it's time to move for the good of his career/salary/ambitions? All that without having to move the city.

Would he still get the game time he was looking for? Didn't feel wanted by the new management team?

etc etc.. we can only guess but there can be quite a few justified reasons.

That would be a heavy blow to Lampard if he thinks arsenal are a better prospect, as I’m sure Chelsea can pay bigger wages. If Chelsea aren’t giving him game time/ don’t want him they’re mad- selling him to a London rival would be even madder. Seems mental to me

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That would be a heavy blow to Lampard if he thinks arsenal are a better prospect, as I’m sure Chelsea can pay bigger wages. If Chelsea aren’t giving him game time/ don’t want him they’re mad- selling him to a London rival would be even madder. Seems mental to me

Maybe Chelsea/Lampard are building team way younger than lately? They would still have Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma and Tomori as a centrebacks, don't know how potential starplayers they have coming in young ones... Ampadu at least, but he'll be on loan.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Maybe Chelsea/Lampard are building team way younger than lately? They would still have Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma and Tomori as a centrebacks, don't know how potential starplayers they have coming in young ones... Ampadu at least, but he'll be on loan.

I suspect that will be the aim, but to bin off a player of luiz’s quality before he’s truly finished would be criminal. All those centre backs are good players, but he’s better than all of them. Better to keep him until Ampadu and Tomori are truly ready than rush them in too early

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I suspect that will be the aim, but to bin off a player of luiz’s quality before he’s truly finished would be criminal. All those centre backs are good players, but he’s better than all of them. Better to keep him until Ampadu and Tomori are truly ready than rush them in too early

I agree that he is good CB. But the younger ones won't improve without playing. I'd say now is perfect time for the change as Lampard should have a free pass this first season without transfers as an option. Play them and come next summer, he'll now are they good enough or do he need to buy new ones.

Archived