Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

19/20 Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

Just now, Dimmu said:

I agree that he is good CB. But the younger ones won't improve without playing. I'd say now is perfect time for the change as Lampard should have a free pass this first season without transfers as an option. Play them and come next summer, he'll now are they good enough or do he need to buy new ones.

They won’t improve without playing, but they don’t have to play at Chelsea- they can go out on loan until they are ready. Imo no season is ever a free pass for a manager and Lampard will still be under pressure to succeed even with the embargo. With that in mind, you shouldn’t play the youngsters until they are truly ready- the best way to tell that is to see them out on loan at a level below but close to you.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

They won’t improve without playing, but they don’t have to play at Chelsea- they can go out on loan until they are ready. Imo no season is ever a free pass for a manager and Lampard will still be under pressure to succeed even with the embargo. With that in mind, you shouldn’t play the youngsters until they are truly ready- the best way to tell that is to see them out on loan at a level below but close to you.

They've done it also, case Ampadu. Let's see what happens tomorrow, but they might be tempted to sell older ones than loan young ones. I know I would.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

They've done it also, case Ampadu. Let's see what happens tomorrow, but they might be tempted to sell older ones than loan young ones. I know I would.

I don’t doubt this deal is going through but it still seems mental to me. I’d agree I’d rather have young players than older ones- but only if they’re as good

Share this post


Link to post

Reading made an extremely good signing in George Puscas. He made England’s u21s look amateur. If he adapts then they could make a huge profit on him, technically very good and strong. Fair play. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Reading made an extremely good signing in George Puscas. He made England’s u21s look amateur. If he adapts then they could make a huge profit on him, technically very good and strong. Fair play. 

also bought Pele, and they laugh at us for buying has beens

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That would be a heavy blow to Lampard if he thinks arsenal are a better prospect, as I’m sure Chelsea can pay bigger wages. If Chelsea aren’t giving him game time/ don’t want him they’re mad- selling him to a London rival would be even madder. Seems mental to me

I don't think that this is the case. Apparently Jody Morris is the one who is forcing Luiz out as him and Lampard don't rate him and don't see him as part of their plans.

From what I've heard, he's had a woeful pre-season and Frank & Jody consider him to be a liability so are likely to use 2 of Christeansen, Rudiger and Zouma as the centre halves. Luiz has been frozen out by all accounts so would probably agitate for a move in those circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Spurs pulling a deadline day masterclass.

Top business from Spurs and those signings will likely take them to another level. Ndombele, Winks and Lo Celso feeding Dybala, Alli and Kane could be lethal. Not to mention Son and Moura. Just what they needed.

Still could do with a right back, mind.

And surely no room for Eriksen. He's going to be shipped.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TibshelfRam said:

Top business from Spurs and those signings will likely take them to another level. Ndombele, Winks and Lo Celso feeding Dybala, Alli and Kane could be lethal. Not to mention Son and Moura. Just what they needed.

Still could do with a right back, mind.

And surely no room for Eriksen. He's going to be shipped.

Sessegnon to come in from Fulham too apparently. They're going to be up there for sure. And if not, with that squad it would represent a huge failing. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

I don't think that this is the case. Apparently Jody Morris is the one who is forcing Luiz out as him and Lampard don't rate him and don't see him as part of their plans.

From what I've heard, he's had a woeful pre-season and Frank & Jody consider him to be a liability so are likely to use 2 of Christeansen, Rudiger and Zouma as the centre halves. Luiz has been frozen out by all accounts so would probably agitate for a move in those circumstances.

They’re even more mental than I thought then... luiz is one of the best defenders in the prem still. Dodgy at times but you’ve gotta look past that to his ball playing ability- there’s no way those other three don’t make mistakes either! Can see why he may want to leave if he’s being forced out, but still seems very odd under a transfer embargo.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Brilliant by spurs, sounds like they just need to confirm the signing of dybala. Great move, can’t believe they’ve managed to get a hold of him myself 

Juve appear to have been Levy'd

Share this post


Link to post

Leo Sayer jumping ship from Chelsea to Arsenal. Leaves them with just 4 centre-backs, now: Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori. Hopefully Tomori can take his chance and cement himself as a part of the squad this year.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.