The 'Bounce'

RamLad1884

I have come up with a new song for when we bounce.

When you bounce through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't all bounce in the dark

At the end of a bounce
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Bounce on through the wind
Bounce  on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and bounced 

Bounce on Bounce on

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm sorry, but if your kid asked you what 'banker' meant, surely you'd go for it meaning 'idiot' rather than explaining what it actually entails? The actual meaning makes its use as a pejorative seem ridiculous. 

It's really hard to have a discussion about swearing with a swear filter in place.

If my kid asked me what a banker was, I'd tell him it's one of the bankers who stole all our money.

Point proved!

We need some Bernard Righton chants.....

If you don't flippin bounce

if you don't flippin bounce then you're repressed.

that sort of thing.....

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm sorry, but if your kid asked you what 'banker' meant, surely you'd go for it meaning 'idiot' rather than explaining what it actually entails? The actual meaning makes its use as a pejorative seem ridiculous. 

When used as a noun yes but then explain the verb to a child.

4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Hold your head up high

At the end of a bounce
There's a golden sky

Bounce on Bounce on

What's the tune??

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how people get offended by swearing. They’re just words that, unlike racial slurs, have never been used to discriminate against any particular group of people.

Its question of standards kid. If you can't hold a conversation without swearing that says a lot about your standards. When you fully grow up and maybe have your own children, you will understand that it is just not nice to subject them to foul language, or maybe you won't. 

6 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Hold your head up high

At the end of a bounce
There's a golden sky

Bounce on Bounce on

Would have worked, if you hadn't "tossed" towards the end!  Back to the drawing board!

3 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

When used as a noun yes but then explain the verb to a child.

I'd argue that the noun is the only one that your child would hear in public. If someone uses the verb then they're probably being a dirty bar steward and might as well just say 'masterweight', which isn't a swear word.

Anyway, I think we're heading down a rabbit hole here. It's your kid. Agree to disagree? 

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

This.

As a woman I absolutely hate the c word and find it extremely offensive. I don't understand why it isn't considered discriminatory. 

I also find that word extremely offensive, probably the only one I refuse to say. Unfortunately it’s getting more and more used on a daily basis, I actually asked someone politely at a match a few games ago to stop shouting it out, they did which I appreciated but the same person did it again a couple of games later, the thing is it’s from a 18ish year old lad who just does it because he thinks it’s funny. He got a couple of sniggers around him and he thought he was hilarious and repeated it a couple of times until I asked him to stop. No consideration for children and women or indeed men around him , I don’t even think he realises what it actually means. I’ve been to away games where I’ve been near “fans” who have screamed relentlessly  at our own players that they’re “ lazy c’s” or “useless c’s” on several occasions. I have now decided to stop moaning under my breath and actually say something which I did and will continue to do so. 

For me Steve Bloomer's Watching always wins it just based on lyrics, melody, loudness, etc.

The bounce is great and on Sunday it felt like everyone was coming together best all season, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable with the swearing in it... I go along with it but automatically flinch if my dad is there as I'd have my mouth washed out for saying it as a kid!

Then again when we score all that goes out the window as we sit so close to the away end ?

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

TBF to the Baggies, they were doing it years before Man City caught on to it. Indeed, if there is a club that originated the bounce in England I think WBA would have a claim (though no doubt someone from the Wendies would then pipe in saying they did it first).

They have never bounced!  In fact, I'd imagine they'd be offended if you said they had.

They Boing... and are proud of it!  :-)

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

My mates in London always refer to him as 'The Viking' - Because apparently with his scraggly beard and semi-permanent death stare he always looks like he's just about to pillage a small coastal town 

Knowing Richard Keogh, that'd be Grantham, then!

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I don't like the bounce but if I don't do it, I'm a red!

I stand there in-between everyone like...

confused larry david GIF

My everloving see you next Tuesday, one of the best!

“AND ITS IIIIIIIII OOOOOOOOOOOOOO Derby COUNTY!!!”

Will be the only chant I ever get involved with. I’d like to hear it at Pride Park please.

Probably a Wednesday song, but they claim everything else so we might as well take this one 

Archived